Education as a means of charity (1 Viewer)

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
to 2,000 Somalis were also killed. When it was learned that the battle has been turned into a game for PC, Xbox, and PlayStation 2, Somalis said it made a mockery of a real-life tragedy

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
i get the idea of generating discussion but this is entry-level shit
Yeah it was a passing thing that I never seemed to be able to think out properly myself for some reason (lazy and didn't really care that much)

African farming practices are incredibly shoddy and subsistence is broadly institutionalised. The fact is that the resources required to support surplus production are in abundance. The problem (or one of them) is that agricultural workers tend not to be educated. The consequences of this are many. Farmers get ripped off by the state, by middle men, and by their landlords, although tenant farming isn't so widespread in Africa. Women are mistreated and cannot be properly productive units. Farmers cannot properly coordinate their finances and investments, and are also far less willing to take calculated and/or profitable risks (probably because they can't calculate).

Every single one of these factors is an obstacle to surplus production.

edit: that education doesn't influence weather patterns is self evident. However, education is surely a component of the woeful preparations for the drought (there was warning over a year ago that this drought would happen).
That's what I needed to hear thanks brah

HSC
education as a means of indoctrination (srs) would be excellent

muslims bad

counting and not stoning women good

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
also africans are basically very poorly able to be educable and transmitting knowledge to them in any considerable quantity is likely not possible at all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)