EE1 Trials Results (1 Viewer)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Shanan said:
our class had to re-do our trial! none of us recieved more then 9/25 for the creative question - apparently we totally missed the point! hopefully round two will provide less embarrassing results
I don't get it...your teacher is getting you to resit the trials because s/he doesn't like your marks?
:confused:

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
kami said:
I don't get it...your teacher is getting you to resit the trials because s/he doesn't like your marks?
:confused:
It hardly sounds fair.

Götterfunken - Not to worry, i didn't do too flash either.. about time we got some realistic marks in here :rolleyes:

jennylim

HSC
Kutar Maggi said:
bloody oath...........must be a genius....i bet his gonna get 1st this year
i hope she does, because then i can sit back and sigh, going, "so THAT'S who i was trying to measure up to all year" lol.

my total assessment mark for EE1 is 43.59/50. hmm, not that crash hot compared to some other peoples' marks here!! but hopefully i improve *crosses fingers*

ishq

brown?
HSC
jennylim said:
i hope she does, because then i can sit back and sigh, going, "so THAT'S who i was trying to measure up to all year" lol.

my total assessment mark for EE1 is 43.59/50. hmm, not that crash hot compared to some other peoples' marks here!! but hopefully i improve *crosses fingers*
How did you get to know your total mark? Did you calculate it yourself?

jennylim

HSC
yep. cos we got the weightings of assessments.

so 13/15 for a 10% assessment is 13/15 x 10
and 39/40 for a 15% assessment is 39/40 x 15

and so on.

cimbom

HSC
*girl04* said:
can you plz post up the speculative questions? i would be interested in seeing them .. once the security period is over
GENRE question (modA) elective3 speculative fiction, independent paper05

'The radio station 2HSC.05 is running a series of interviews to assist HSC students. The current interview is focusing on the genre of speculative fiction.

Mike Lesser: Good evening, students. This is your host, Mike Lesser. Tonight I am interviewing two students, Sam and Nathan, who hold differing viewpoints on the extent to which the texts studied for this elective share ideas and values associated with the conventions of speculative fiction.

Sam, I know you believe there are some conventions all 'speculative fiction' texts must demonstrate. Could you begin by explaining one of these and how it is represented in the texts you have studied?

Complete the text of this interview in which you critically evaluate the similarities and differences in the texts you have studied and how they contribute to the notion of speculative fiction as a genre.'

... and our teacher reworded the creative question. It was a specfic composition set in the year 2050 (so prob scifi rather than fantasy)

... does anyone have the CSSA questions for 2005?

ishq

brown?
HSC
cimbom said:
)

... does anyone have the CSSA questions for 2005?

Genre Question:
How does [insert elective name] create value for the responder?

Imaginative:
Write an imaginative piece which reflects [elective].

Shanan

Lumen Ex Tenebris
HSC
Apparently any teacher has the power to re-sit ANY assessment task if they do not feel it accurately portrays the mark/rank of the student/s. There is only three is our class, and the exam totally screwed all our ranks. The girl who has been coming last the whole year (cos she NEVER comes to class, hasnt read/watched and sleeps and cant define a single convention) somehow kicked our arse in the creative question. That screwed all our ranks - so we were allowed to do it again :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Shanan said:
Apparently any teacher has the power to re-sit ANY assessment task if they do not feel it accurately portrays the mark/rank of the student/s. There is only three is our class, and the exam totally screwed all our ranks. The girl who has been coming last the whole year (cos she NEVER comes to class, hasnt read/watched and sleeps and cant define a single convention) somehow kicked our arse in the creative question. That screwed all our ranks - so we were allowed to do it again :)
I'm sorry if this sounds nitpicky...but that is even worse. Your teacher didn't like the fact that a certain student performed well so she is reholding the test in the hope that you beat her this time? She may have the power to do that, but that is completely unethical.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
kami said:
I'm sorry if this sounds nitpicky...but that is even worse. Your teacher didn't like the fact that a certain student performed well so she is reholding the test in the hope that you beat her this time? She may have the power to do that, but that is completely unethical.
here here! Unfair all round! There are no grounds for such an action on your teachers part. He/she is too emotionally invloved in the fate of his/her students. Assesment tasks never lie (unless if they're marked badly... the bastards)

fine ambiguity

almost there
HSC
ishq said:
Genre Question:

Imaginative:
... you're kidding me. *jaw drops*

Aimz- Lou.

section 1- 22/25.
section 2 21/25.
= 86%, rank=2nd.

We did independent, crime fiction.

cimbom

HSC
ishq said:
Genre Question:

Imaginative:
Thankyou.
I think that question might be a bit harder than the independent, simply because it's soo broad... there's no specific direction.

rachael230

oh dear...

i'm just going to console myself with the fact that everything is internally marked. a decent mark for my school was about 18/25, and we've got some freakily smart people. i hope that our teachers have been marking harshly, coz if not i'm screwed...

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
hey guys............my internal mark is like 36/50. VERY SHIT I KNOW. but its because we were dumb all the year until the end where evryone ino ur class gradually getting better scraped above 40/50 in the exams. too bad they were worth only 25%. so is it possible if we repeat this in the HSC to get respectable marks or should we just lose fatih?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
To Kutar Maggi: *Never* give up hope, try your best and learn from the mistakes you have made. You will do well, just have faith.:)

Topic: I went craptacular in my trials...67%, *but* our exam room was changed, *and* the construction students decided to have some sort of noise competition outside the door and window. So they were somewhat mitigating circumstances and I *will* do better in the HSC, I *know* it.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
kami said:
To Kutar Maggi: *Never* give up hope, try your best and learn from the mistakes you have made. You will do well, just have faith.:)

Topic: I went craptacular in my trials...67%, *but* our exam room was changed, *and* the construction students decided to have some sort of noise competition outside the door and window. So they were somewhat mitigating circumstances and I *will* do better in the HSC, I *know* it.
*encouraging pat*
I got 45/50. The only bloody trial I got over 90, argh. I screwed up creative, because they asked for a story about adhering to convention instead of challenging it - which is what they usually do for ind and soc and I was like wtf

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
kami said:

thanks for the moral boost buddy..,....woah 18 days left better go eat....play some games then study lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)