Effects of the Credit Crunch near you (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
haven't noticed heaps tbh

dad's an intensive care nurse so don't think he's about to lose his job anytime soon unless he kills a patient or something
mum hasn't worked in like 10 years so no difference there
my shifts @ work are getting a bit less though
parentals a bit concerned about their super/retirement etc, dad was bitching the other day about how he probably won't get to retire when he planned to and so on.

no shops have closed down here that I've noticed.

oh and my friend lost her job 4 months ago and is still looking for another one.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
haven't noticed heaps tbh

dad's an intensive care nurse so don't think he's about to lose his job anytime soon unless he kills a patient or something
mum hasn't worked in like 10 years so no difference there
my shifts @ work are getting a bit less though
parentals a bit concerned about their super/retirement etc, dad was bitching the other day about how he probably won't get to retire when he planned to and so on.

no shops have closed down here that I've noticed.

oh and my friend lost her job 4 months ago and is still looking for another one.
lol your dad is a nurse.

but srs, heaps of nurses have lost their jobs lol, nurses job security is shithouse because nsw health haz no money so they just fire nurses. Greater west health fired like 400 nurses.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
:S

I reckon he'll be alright, he's pretty good at his job and he's one of the more senior/experienced people in ICU atm so hopefully should be ok

eh

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
About two weeks ago, I saw a brickie/labourer on my way to work who had made a sign using his surfboard and some duct tape, saying "Brickie/labourer needs work, call 04xxxxxx". he was standing beside the highway near my house, holding his sign for hours and hours.

Haven't seen him since, so I'm guessing he got some work.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lol Father phoned today to say that he lost everything on the stockmarket and that he's moving to Canada with his mistress before the bank comes for his haus. He awkwardly asked me for legal advise.

UH-OH
edit: i'll recommend switzerland instead
or Chile

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Faw shaw. He got properly cleaned out by Keating's recession anyway

No great loss to the nation.
He actually sounded pretty animated. I was chiefly concerned that he was going to cry, but he seemed to really relish the adventure of being on the bread-line AND the run

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
when a man loves a woman...?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
olol

will need to find a second/other job as of today, current job won't need me in for a while.

yay job hunting, NOT

it's seriously the most annoying process in the world

but results in cashmonies at the end, so oh well. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)