ELEC1041 changed their marks (1 Viewer)

TheKey

HSC
check unimail,

"Dear Students,

Due to miscalculation, the actual marks that you should receive for elec1041
will be updated on the NSS tomorrow (as this is now in the process of
updating it)."

mine went from 72 to 70, i didnt know they are allowed to change marks after they are released on myunsw, but yeh now i got new wam and everything.

hope noone failed because of this.

sunny

meh.
HSC
TheKey said:
check unimail,

"Dear Students,

Due to miscalculation, the actual marks that you should receive for elec1041
will be updated on the NSS tomorrow (as this is now in the process of
updating it)."

mine went from 72 to 70, i didnt know they are allowed to change marks after they are released on myunsw, but yeh now i got new wam and everything.

hope noone failed because of this.
Sure they can. So maybe if someone got extra marks or something, the overall scaling might have been affected.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Li0n said:
wtf. there is scaling in uni?
I find lecturers avoid the question, or some will tell you outright marks get scaled.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
sunny said:
Sure they can. So maybe if someone got extra marks or something, the overall scaling might have been affected.
Note that this isnn't quite as abitary as sunny makes out. These are actually "provisional" marks on myUNSW (everything is provisionalthese days). The "offical" marks are then realeased in Janaury. Normally, nothing changes, but sometimes (obviously) things can ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahh obvious scaling, like the COMP 2041 Theory Exam ...

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
there has to be scaling, otherwise everyone in teh faculty might get honours one in year, and none the next yr. (if the honours system fo ryour degree is a distinction average for example)

KD

HSC
N/A
Unless there was a problem with the exam - not enough time, questions too hard in hindsight etc marks are not scaled.

If students deserve to get honours then they should get it regardless of how many other students get it in their year. Honours means you have attained a certain standard not that you came in the top 10% or whatever.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
my point was that the exam or tutors might be easier or mark easier one year as opposed to another

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)