elective question, doing engo/science (1 Viewer)

NeoKyo

gstains ghetto! represent
HSC
wondering if there is any leeway in the way of electives since im doing engo/science.
ive tried deciphering both the engo and science handbooks and have come up with that; there will be 168 credit points from engo alone and i need 96 for the science part

but ive gottttttt a reallllll ambition to study japanese now (yeah...might of been smarter to act on it a couple of months ago)

is there anyway i can sneak in some units of japanese? apart from changing engo/science....wouldnt mind changing to engo /arts though if i could do jap that way since i only have one science subject this semsester

100percent

HSC
what stream of engineering are you doing? and what major are you aiming for in science?
if you're doing a combined degree, i think it would be 156cp of engineering instead of 168...
and some of the engineering core, eg the maths and phys/chem will count towards the 96cp of science

Last edited:

fush

HSC
dude your not doing an arts degree...
stick with engo units so that you have enough for a specialization.

NeoKyo

HSC
doing physics major in science and mechatronic for engineering

just chose combined with science initially being a bit absent minded about japanese
thought it would be nice too because its matched up with mechatronics, that whole kill two birds with one stone and greater understanding stuff

but to be honest, i wouldnt mind scrapping the science part and swapping it for an arts degree to become a BABE
in the end i dont really see how much more the science can add to my engo degree, but i do realise that an arts would be even more pointless (but reallly enjoyable studying japanese)

ill look into that diploma thing and ask around, thats pretty sweet (major thanks for the heads up)

planning on speaking to someone at uni soon bout this

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
NeoKyo said:
wondering if there is any leeway in the way of electives since im doing engo/science.
ive tried deciphering both the engo and science handbooks and have come up with that; there will be 168 credit points from engo alone and i need 96 for the science part

but ive gottttttt a reallllll ambition to study japanese now (yeah...might of been smarter to act on it a couple of months ago)

is there anyway i can sneak in some units of japanese? apart from changing engo/science....wouldnt mind changing to engo /arts though if i could do jap that way since i only have one science subject this semsester
You can probably do one or two jap units, because you get maths units correllating between the two degrees.

100percent

HSC
yeh, might beable to although i'm not sure.

physics major: 12cp junior yr, 18cp (assuming you do astro as well), 24cp senior is 54cp.

and junior maths is 12cp + intermediate is 6cp? (MATH2067 instead of MATH2061+2065)

so 72cp in total, need another 24cp in science area.

minus the 156cp in engineering (including the science units), rest you can do whatever.

NeoKyo

HSC
ohh thats cool
thanks for the help
so yeah, i take it as part of the science degree with the spare units i should be able to do some jap

heard there are couple of civil doing combined that they just have a little bit left over too to wander around doing anything in the uni, maybe its the same story here

fush

HSC
j have no spare credit points at all.

144 Civil Engineering Core + 96 Commerce = 240 credit points

equivalent to 5 years full time study.

i don't really know how you are going to fit jap in, unless u do some overlapping science and engo units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)