Electives (1 Viewer)

katie436

HSC
I have 2 electives to do, and am looking for the easiest and least time consuming ones.

I have my eye on MUSI2001 Intro to Guitar
and INFO1010.

Any other suggestions?

What courses have people liked?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
yeh, i have heard INFO1010 is the way to go if you want to fill up an elective space and want easy marks..but i haven't done it, and i can't imagine it's particularly fun/interesting

i did LING1001: Introduction to Linguistics originally to fill in an elective space because it was only m/c assignments and then an m/c exam haha..but i ended up being really interested in it anyway..annnd the marks weren't as easy to get as i would've thought..so effort is required, just i suppose it is MUCH less effort than if you were doing something medical-related or something haha

another that was quite easy was SOCA1020: Introduction to Social and Cultural Anthropology (one essay, one m/c exam) and i personally found that quite an interesting course also, however i think i'm in a minority on that one as i know lots of my friends hated it haha (it was a compulsory course for my degree)

i guess it depends on where your interests lie, and then i suppose choosing the introductory course for it lol..what degree are you doing? perhaps you'd be better off staying in your area of study

edit: introductory politics courses are good too, you don't even have to do a first year course to be ok haha, my first poli course was a 2nd yr course..they're always the same (the ones i've done anyway)..you do a tute paper, a major essay and an exam with 3 essay questions..there is an essay question for each..for the major essay, you choose a topic and it is due on a particular date for everyone..for the tute paper, you choose a topic, and it is due 2 weeks after the lecture for it..and the exam topics are similar to the questions (but not the same)..i've always had john tate, and that's how his courses go..and he always does a 1hr lecture and the other hr is a video

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
This year im doing chem1010 as an elective, I love it as a course. It's easy and theres heaps of hot girls in it, so it's a bit of a change from the rest of my courses.

It sounds like it's a bit too nerdy for what you were hoping for, though.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
The_highwayman said:
don't choose chemistry.

the three hour lab isnt worth it.
3 hour labs are normal for me. You should try doing a 3hr physics lab, where all do is computer simulations.

My arse was sorer than that time I passed out in oxford street.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
grosssss, why on earth are they 3hrs long?
and why on earth would you pick science subjects if they have 3-hr sessions?

man, 2hrs is plenty for me :(

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
photography, leisure and tourism, intro to guitar/keyboard/percussion/nursing

inft1010 still requires you to put some time and effort into the assignments

there is a subject most americans do, (cant remember the name) but they do an assignment on prison break...

em_516

bludging..
HSC
ohhh, i should've done photography!

i haven't heard of the subject you're talking about, but perhaps it's an introductory media course or i think there are ones about watching films..or something, i'm really out of it and can't remember the name right now, but i thiiiink my dad did it lol, so i guess it's likely there's a tv one too? haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)