Emily Dickinson: Belonging (1 Viewer)

skyelala

HSC
i am also doing emily dickinson *Pulls hair out*

she is such a nutter, our class cant get over the poem that was originally about her sister in law susan, but she changed it or whatever, 'what mystery pervades a well'.

but whats worse is i actually get her poems. =[ im worried.

haha my related materials are bridge to terabithia, my sisters keeper, the red tree, and some other one i just found, but they will probabaly change by years end.

Thurstenburg

HSC
i gave myself to him has confused me beyond normal, im in pain over it. how do i talk about its belonging ideas?
I could be wrong....But isn't it about a contract between two people?
"The solemn contract of a life"
It's like an arranged marriage sort of thing in the old times.

The abundance of legal terminology supports the central metaphor of the relationship!

Its belonging ideas are...Shared Experience and Kinship...

Not sure if that helps at all! But yeah. Just what we talked about in class!

Niikole

HSC
I HATE E.D TOOO!
I need help with her poems. i'm struggling to find ideas because my teacher is hardly deconstructing them.

NEED HELP URGENTLY!!!

gracie680

HSC
wow yeah that
dork, geek & jew text is really good
i have an assessment due in a week where we simply have to find a belonging related text (written)
do you think this would be appropriate?
and does anyone have any techniques/analysis of this text?
thanks guy

Courtneyeve

HSC
ive gotta do a speech on emily dickinson and her value of belonging.
i dont know how she shows the value of belonging in her poems? is it her belonging to god? Helpppp !

Ganduck

HSC
You can simply look up 'related texts for belonging' and then research, although depending on how much time you have it is always safe to stick to what you know for example you could do a movie/short story, write many notes and narrow it down to what relates to what in Dickinsons poem for example, through Dickinsons poems alienation can be seen, where she talks about how she craves to go out into society but resigns in fear, this can also be seen through Tim Burton's, Edward Scissorhands or Into the Wild (movie or book) by either the director Sean Penn or Story by Jon Krakauer, if used correctly these can be fantastic related texts. Judging from how i am going with it so far, it doesn't make you loose concentration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)