Emma/Clueless (1 Viewer)

Manda_dunga

teachy_teach
HSC
Anyone have Emma/Clueless essay questions that swap?? I really need the practice.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i haven't attempted any essays myself yet, but i have some essay questions, do you want?

there are lots of questiosn also available on Emma/clueless websites- check out he thread with the links created by cro_angel
or just use google.

Check boredofstudies english resources for some essays too

Manda_dunga

teachy_teach
HSC
yeh i checked them out but dere mainly got info rather then actual questions. any questions you have would be really appreciated.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Yeah i've got some...you coudl also check out old past HSC papers for the q's

1. To what extent does an understanding of Emma influence your response to clueless?
2. How has the composer of the contemporary text used the earlier text to say something new?
3. 'The process of transformation preserves more of the important ideas and concerns than it alters.' Discuss this statement in relation to the two presrcibed texts you have studied.
4. 'It is impossible to change the setting nad narrativee method of a satory without profoundly altering its meaning.' Discuss this statement in relation to Emma and Clueless
5. Just before her wedding, you have conducted an interview, with Miss Geist, during which she has mentioned some interesting similarites and differences between the roles and expectations of young women in Emma's day and in the 1990's. Write a feature articlee for the 'Branson Alcott High News' based on this interview, in which you explore some of the ideas she has raised.

ms.cinderella

HSC
TRANSFORMED TEXTS ILLUMINATE AND ILLUSTRATE IDEAS THAT MAY NOT BE EXPLORED IN THE ORIGINAL TEXT (ie. Emma).
TO WHAT EXTENT HAS THE NEW TEXT YOU HAVE STUDIED (ie. Clueless) ACHIEVED THIS?
ANSWER THIS QUESTION WITH REFERENCE TO THE PRESCRIBED TEXTS YOU HAVE STUDIED.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
hmm maybe i should add these on to my post?
anyway heres a few more questions
>> You have studied two texts composed at different times. When you compared these texts and their contexts, how was your understanding of each text developed and reshaped?
>> In tranforming an old text into a new one, a composer selects what to include and what to exclude. How and why have these choises been made in the texts you have studied?
>> 'Transformations of texts have occurred for centuries as stories have been adapted to contemporary situations. The inspiration of the known reflects upon the new, while the new resonates with the known'. Discuss this statement with reference to how your understanding of the texts and their contexts has developed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)