Enactus Sydney Business Casual (1 Viewer)

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi Guys,

So I have just received confirmation from Enactus Sydney that I will be interning over the summer. They have a celebratory Christmas Dinner Party. The attire is "business casual".

What exactly is counted as business casual for women? Esp if its for an event like this

Also, where is "The Drawing Room" on campus?

Last edited:

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh hey you got in, congrats.

Business casual is just usual formal wear, well thats what i learnt from events. I was too underdressed one time :(

I think i got invited to the Enactus NSW drinks happening at USYD, might consider going.

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
I still have no idea where the drawing room is....

And if anyone has links with examples of clothing appropriate for this, that'll be great

Last edited:

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I just checked the invite, unfortunately i was supposed to rsvp a week ago :(

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
I just checked the invite, unfortunately i was supposed to rsvp a week ago :(
Aw that sucks
Maybe you can still send an email through?
Cos I literally just RSVP'd not long ago

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
I got in too :D I'll see you there!

Also, I think it's important to note that they say our dress code should be "Smart Casual" for the Christmas party while the dress code of "Business attire" is under the header "Details of your internship". So I assume that for the first day we wear smart casual, but for all the other days we wear business attire?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

Also, I think it's important to note that they say our dress code should be "Smart Casual" for the Christmas party while the dress code of "Business attire" is under the header "Details of your internship". So I assume that for the first day we wear smart casual, but for all the other days we wear business attire?
Enactus UNSW ~

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Wait just out of curiosity, why is your position labelled as an 'intern'? Seems like just normal society tasks

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Business casual looks like this (courtesy of google):

The Drawing Room is in Holme Building near the terrace. The floorplan on the left in here is the closest I can find for a map: http://www.hostcosydney.com/Venues/Drawing-Room.aspx

I think it's also called Withdrawing Room? http://lostoncampus.com.au/8489
Thanks a bunch!

Yay congrats! :D

I interpreted that as smart casual for the Christmas party only and for the duration of the internship its business attire

Btw which intake did you end up getting? I got the February one, which kinda sucks cos it clashes with some of my mentoring days
Wait just out of curiosity, why is your position labelled as an 'intern'? Seems like just normal society tasks
Its cos its only for 4 weeks over the summer, whereas your position is over the entire year

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
So we turn up to the thingo at 1pm in our smart casual clothing?

The intake I got into is the one that starts the coming Monday, so I don't think I'll be able to attend the first day of the mentoring training :(

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
So we turn up to the thingo at 1pm in our smart casual clothing?

The intake I got into is the one that starts the coming Monday, so I don't think I'll be able to attend the first day of the mentoring training :(
Doesn't the pdf say 6pm....?

Ahh okay :(

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok so the business attire dress code should be compatible with the Christmas Party, so it's pretty much the same thing. What are you going to do about the mentoring dilemma? I dont think I can get away with missing day one of training as it will most likely be the most important, but maybe you could get away with missing day 2?

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Ok so the business attire dress code should be compatible with the Christmas Party, so it's pretty much the same thing. What are you going to do about the mentoring dilemma? I dont think I can get away with missing day one of training as it will most likely be the most important, but maybe you could get away with missing day 2?
I honestly dont know what im gnna do cos theres two dates of mentoring within Feb - one being the second training session and the other being the actual mentoring day. I'll most likely have to miss out the second mentoring session and skip out on a day of the internship to make the actual mentoring day.

elpli9

HSC
I saw this and I thougt I'd say something.

I am attending the Enactus Christmas party tonight, I am coming from work, I will be in a suit. Most industry professionals will be coming from work, so they will be in business attire as well.

I hope that will help you decide what to wear.

See you tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)