Encouraging promiscuous behaviour. (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Well i quintessentially agree with that.

Societal mores are not in line with our biological reality. Just a few hundred years it was common place for a 14 year old to be married and have children. The change is contributing to our rapidly declining growth rate.

Of course there are the numerous cons regarding this and wider social impacts....

malkin86

HSC
I think that there is also a need to "set yourself up" - be married for a while, get morgage on house, get good jobs and try and get a nest egg - before you even think of babies. Maybe the baby bonus was made to try and help with that financial pressure.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Namely legal and ethical problems arising from conscent, autonomy and the ability to judge what is appropriate at a young age. This goes back to the rape articles.

K

katie_tully

I still can't see the link between procreation for the survival of a species, and the fact that young women on occasion dress like trailor trash whores. But you know ... People aren't having children until they're 32 because it's no longer financially viable for them. Now that most people go to university, they don't graduate until the early 20s, then they have to establish a career as well as the ongoing costs of living. Lardy dar.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
katie_tully said:
I still can't see the link between procreation for the survival of a species, and the fact that young women on occasion dress like trailor trash whores. But you know ... People aren't having children until they're 32 because it's no longer financially viable for them. Now that most people go to university, they don't graduate until the early 20s, then they have to establish a career as well as the ongoing costs of living. Lardy dar.
most people go to university? really? i didnt know that i was under the impression that the minority went to univercity. facts please?

i think this article is right in that more needs to be done to privide a better environment for raising children, taking off rpessures such as difficult work hours for example. i dont like the idea of teenagers having risky sex and getting pregnant, because they really sont have the capability to care for children, a 22yrold has a much greater chance of caring for the children, by then they could be renting a place of their own, have an established career and a male to have the role of father.

society probably needs to be more flexible so that woman CAN have children earlyer, right now its hard to have children young because of money and other pressures, so change society then we will see about 17yr olds getting pregnant and actually being able to look after the baby

sharronx

thanks for the article, i'm gonna include it into my legal studies/workplace law essay :)

cheetah

HSC
im all for encouraging promiscurity, as long as I get a cut out of it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)