end of high school crisis (1 Viewer)

Michiru

HSC
i just finished high school and not yet know what uni i'm going to. i'm having trouble with my coles myer and woolworth applications.

in the section where they ask about your education level, where you're currently studying and wat (eg student, post-grad etc), what should i put?

if i put high school, that'd be false because i'm no longer in high school. But if I put post grad and/or uni, that'd also be false because I'm not yet in uni

what do i do? what do i do?? >.<

Michiru

HSC
ok thanks ^^

what about if they ask you if you're currently studying?
should i say yes or no?

A1

HSC
N/A
Remember, in an interview you need to sell yourself!!!!!!
This is what I would do:
On the application I would put undergraduate.
I would put the name of the university that I would most likely be getting into i.e write the most prestigious university and course that I would most likely get into.

By submitting the best possible application you are increasing the likelihood of getting your foot in the door and actually getting to speak to someone at the interview. Should the interviewer ask about your application and qualifications etc, you would then explain to them your situation and state that you HAD completed high school, HAVE applied for the course and university stated, but are in the process of waiting for the final outcome. Naturally you would state that you are confident of getting into your stated course and institution.
By taking this approach you are not actually lying or misleading the employer in anyway. Rather, you are taking the best scenario in an otherwise unclear situation.

A1

HSC
N/A
... said:
its a coles myer application

they don't care if you put Oxford or UNSW
Good point.
Then I don't know what Michiru is worried about.

Nevertheless, some people may still want to consider what I wrote if they apply for more serious positions and are faced with a similar dilema.

olchik

HSC
I advise you to make as full resume as possibe. In this case somebody will decide to talk to you and you'll have a chance:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)