Engineering (1 Viewer)

kittyful

HSC
What is engineering ? .. does it require a lot of maths ? ... im interested in taking engineering next year, but does this require a lot of maths .? aaha... maths just puts me off everything haha. Also is there engineering dealing with cars ?

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
What is engineering ? .. does it require a lot of maths ? ... im interested in taking engineering next year, but does this require a lot of maths .? aaha... maths just puts me off everything haha. Also is there engineering dealing with cars ?
How can you be interested in something that you don't know about?

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
There are heaps of different fields of engineering. It's abojut designing things, to benifit society I guess. Have a look at various Uni websites to read up on the different types, and see what you like.

And yes, lots of maths.

HSC
I think UNSW or someone offers an Automotive Engineering course.

Lots of maths. Mostly maths.

red-butterfly

HSC
without maths you plan to fail...

well engineers are really the umpa lumpas of science. they do the grunt work of designing/developing new or improvements to pre-existing products. There are many fields of engineering. google it :)

super.muppy

HSC
if this is for HSC then yea do it the maths there is only of a 2unit - general level. There are no cars involved but there is the aeronautical section and a bicyle section. In general HSC engineering is easy if u have a good teacher (stupid ens teacher :mad:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)