English Advanced or Standard (1 Viewer)

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
Hi, im in yr11, and we are doing the yr12 course as most of the schools have. I got my results for the final exam for english advanced. I got 53% and my rank is 70/110. So i went and had a talk to the head teacher of english and he told me that i would regret continuing with advanced english and would be better of doing standard. He told me i still have a choice. I decided to do standard and now i regret my decision. So do you guys believe, it is possible to go back to advanced?
My current HSC subjects are;

Maths Extension 1
Chemistry
Physics
Engineering Studies

So depending on the subjects i am doing right now, do you guys think, i should continue with standard as it doesnt take as much time as other subjects?
I plan to do either an IT course or join the aviation sector at University.

Thankyou very much

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
Alright, i mean i havent had a tutor so far for English, so i was thinking if i got one, maybe i have the ability to score 75+. I will have to make a pretty decent statement to convince my head teacher then :p

For the yr11 advanced course, here are my marks, do u think i have the ability to continue with it?

Term 1 assessment: 8/15
Term 2 : 12/20(speech), 17/20(creative writing)
Term 3: 15/25, 11/20, 12/20(Essays), 6/15(given a poem, you answer various Q's)

J

jhakka

If you start off in Standard it is impossible to move up to Advanced. However, if you start in Advanced you can change to Standard if you find the work doesn't suit your learning.

Triple777ER

Vamos Rojas
HSC
jhakka said:
If you start off in Standard it is impossible to move up to Advanced. However, if you start in Advanced you can change to Standard if you find the work doesn't suit your learning.
I started off in Advanced, and went down to standard yesterday and i regret making that decision. So it it possible to go back up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)