English Advanced or Standard (1 Viewer)

MJ_98

HSC
So I've been doing english advanced for year 11 and I'm doing really really bad.
I'm thinking of dropping down because if you do bad in advanced english it scales bad anyway so why not just do standard.
I'm not aiming high for my english mark so not being able to get band 6 in standard is fine. I gave up on english i guess...

I have couple of questions:
1)Is it better to do standard if I'm going to do bad in advanced?
2)Is standard easier than advanced?
3)Is it hard to get around 80 to 85 in standard than advanced?
4)Is it okay to drop down to standard in year 12? If i drop down, would i have to know stuff from year 11?

Also, I have my prelim coming up soon and I am super stressed for my english exam.... any advice??

Thanks in advance :)

astroman

HSC
1)Is it better to do standard if I'm going to do bad in advanced? No, standard has bad aligning, meaning it is near impossible to get a band 6, stay in advanced and you will get better marks, no matter if you are coming last or not.
2)Is standard easier than advanced? NO!, markers just have lower expectations.
3)Is it hard to get around 80 to 85 in standard than advanced?No.
4)Is it okay to drop down to standard in year 12? If i drop down, would i have to know stuff from year 11?Never drop! BOS swears by this.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Never ever pick standard

NEVER

/thread

MJ_98

HSC
1)Is it better to do standard if I'm going to do bad in advanced? No, standard has bad aligning, meaning it is near impossible to get a band 6, stay in advanced and you will get better marks, no matter if you are coming last or not.
2)Is standard easier than advanced? NO!, markers just have lower expectations.
3)Is it hard to get around 80 to 85 in standard than advanced?No.
4)Is it okay to drop down to standard in year 12? If i drop down, would i have to know stuff from year 11?Never drop! BOS swears by this.
Thank you. But if my expectation of my english mark is like 60, wouldn't it be better to drop to standard? Like you said the marks have lower expectations that means they mark easily on students. If I'm going to do bad in standard like really bad like not even passing, wouldn't it be better to standard and at least be at the average? I don't know I'm really struggling here :(

Silly Sausage

HSC
Thank you. But if my expectation of my english mark is like 60, wouldn't it be better to drop to standard? Like you said the marks have lower expectations that means they mark easily on students. If I'm going to do bad in standard like really bad like not even passing, wouldn't it be better to standard and at least be at the average? I don't know I'm really struggling here :(
Just do advanced. The difficulty of standard has been upped continuously for the past few years to the point were the complexity of essay questions have become on par with that of its advanced counterpart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)