English Extension 2, 2006 - Mediums (1 Viewer)

Which medium are you using/going to choose?

• Total voters
J

jhakka

Hey guys. I would like to give the class of '06 a big welcome to the English Extension 2 forums, and for the sake of discussion I have provided the token "Which medium will your major work be" poll.

Good luck with your major works, guys, and more than anything, enjoy yourselves.

Anyone who is not doing Extension 2 in 2006, please don't vote.

-Justin

EDIT: Because I made a mistake in the other one. Haha.
Original thread: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=87344

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Gopher

HSC
You guys have any idea, already?? I'm tossing up between poetry, a short story, a collection of stories, and a website. I love rich descriptive language, metaphor and such, but also I'd like to do something sustained... I'll have to get my concept all figured out before I can make it fit a medium.

Good luck Ext2 2k6!!

Lavenderpup

HSC
I'm definitely writing a short story, but as for presentation... could it be in website form? (or manga comic rofl) Website seems to be more for presenting information though.. and I doubt actual short story form would allow for any art...

Master Gopher

HSC
Matter of fact I'd adore doing a comic. But they don't do visuals on artistic merit, only how they contribute to the meaning, and you still need the word count, and the presentation guidelines don't allow for it. I'd also love to do a picture book, but :(

...oh well... I'll just have to work the comic into art somehow...

I'd love to do a website...so many possibilities. You could basically do any media, and then adapt it + the speshy features you can do w/ a website.

Master Gopher

HSC
I Finally Decided. And I am stoked and so excited, I know what I'm doing!! :D

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
whoah WHOA critical theory is almost equal with short stories

and nothing else has been considered by others ...

BJHendy

HSC
hehe... short stories are cool... i was thinking about doing a script of some type but i don't do drama so... i'll just have to figure out how to add lots of dialogue to my story... our proposal's due in a week and a bit!

pungemo

HSC
Re: English Extension 2, 2006 - Mediums (v 2.0)

I am happy to say that I will be the first student ever to do a Machinima video for the HSC. Machinima is the art of video creation in a real-time virtual environment. Those who play video games may know what I'm talking about as Machinima most commonly utilises video game technology to render scenes as they unfold. Could be a bit of a challenge as I have to model each character and animate them, but it gives so much freedom and isn't nearly as expensive.

ezaweirdo

HSC

hay :wave: well i am being different and doing a play script. is anyone else doing a playscript? if so are you having any trouble with it, im finding it a lot harder then i originally thought.:mad1:
but hay im having lots of fun...really i am...

Squidley

HSC

Pretty colours :)

Im doing a short story thing.
A friend of mine did a script and has already completed first draft.

She completed first draft in the summer holidays!!!! :O

hojufixter

HSC

Go critical response. we've nearly beaten short stories.

Nick_R

Master of my Domain
HSC
HEY!!!! Whats going on?!??! Where is "Radio Drama"? Thats right, RADIO DRAMA!?!! It seems that absolutely NOBODY knows what that is - everyone assuming it falls under "Scripts" or "Speeches" - NO! In Radio Drama we have to write a 10-15 minute script and produce it (ie acting, recording, editing etc) - proof within this forum that Radio Drama is the most under rated medium there is - soooo many more things to do with it, and its much more enjoyable - but it seems that nobody knows anything about it sadly - only around 15 people in the entire state do Radio Drama as their major work!!!

Any year 11 students interested in EXT2 for year 12 and who want to try something unique - get in contact with me and I'll teach u the ropes for radio drama

BTW - CHANGE THE POLL - ADD "Radio Drama"!!!!

Nick_R

Master of my Domain
HSC
Emph said:
take a look at the last option
Erm, I think perhaps <i>you</i> should take a look at the last option - it says "Script (Radio)" - that just involves writing a script -
"Radio Drama" involved people recording and editing their 10-15minute radio production... i.e. NOT just a script
This actually proves my point that NOBODY knows anything about it apart from the less than 20 ppl that do it each year as their major work

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Nick R, a poll may only have a maximum of ten options, and ten options that poll has. Which is perchance the reason your medium has not been represented above. Now that you've posted though, it is certainly represented in the thread.:)

Emph

HSC
Nick_R said:
Erm, I think perhaps <i>you</i> should take a look at the last option - it says "Script (Radio)" - that just involves writing a script -
"Radio Drama" involved people recording and editing their 10-15minute radio production... i.e. NOT just a script
This actually proves my point that NOBODY knows anything about it apart from the less than 20 ppl that do it each year as their major work
sorry.

Gmax

HSC
Hey rats of 06, im doing video documentary. Hope to see all u rodents on the gold coast 25th november. hit me up if ur a lady 0431108453.

Love always,

G.Max

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)