English help (1 Viewer)

lolman12567

HSC
just a quick question, in years 11 and 12 in eng advanced and EE1 do you only have to do creative writing/essay writing. or are there other types of writing involved? if so what types?

thanks.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
For exams in Advanced you only need to do creative writing/essay writing but in class you might do other things. But I don't know about Extension.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
in the HSC exams, any form of writing can be asked. Speech, creative, essay, report, trace these are the main types. But always in all, Creative and Essay, and usually Speech in some. ANY FORM CAN BE ASKED

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
marcquelle said:
in the HSC exams, any form of writing can be asked. Speech, creative, essay, report, trace these are the main types. But always in all, Creative and Essay, and usually Speech in some. ANY FORM CAN BE ASKED
omg i HATE radio transcript! kills me everytime

HSC
The different forms are just adaptations of the styles of writing. In the end it's either a creative piece or a critical (essay) piece.

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
For exams in Advanced you only need to do creative writing/essay writing but in class you might do other things. But I don't know about Extension.
Technically, that's not true. In exams you could also be asked to write a response as:
- Debate transcripts
- Speech transcripts
- Feature articles
- Conversations
- Interview

Mind you, basically, you write an essay, and twist it into those text types

In English Extension 1, you are asked in the HSC to write an extended response and a creative response. The extended response CAN be in the previous forms mentioned. The creative piece can be:
- Standard short story
- Excerpt from a short story you've written and why it would fit into your studied elective
- Short story based on events before/after the time of one of your prescribed texts.

In class, for Advanced, you should probably get a composition/presentation (which is creative), a presentation (which is pretty much your essay is speech form), and then your standard essays and short story for assessments

In class, for Extension, you will have a presentation (creative for preliminary, more theory heavy in HSC year), and other assessments, depending on what school you go to, and then your standard essays + creative.

I think Oo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)