English Standard vs Advanced (1 Viewer)

dancingflute

HSC
Hey fellow school students, I have a question regarding standard vs advanced - since I have not got amazing results in Advanced is a good thing to drop down in Standard. NB I hate English

deswa1

HSC
NO. The aligning in advanced is so much better than standard that even if you are just an average student, I would highly recommend keeping advanced. In you want figures, I think last year 13% or something got a B6 in advanced whilst about 0.1% got a B6 in standard. Obviously on the whole advanced students are probs more capable than standard but that doesn't account for such a large difference.

barbernator

HSC
what deswa1 said, don't do standard. at all. ever. never. don't. regardless of how well you are or are not doing in advanced, you will score a better mark for performing the same way in advanced than for standard.

edit: sounded too harsh and it was not what i was trying to convey

wildchild666

HSC
Never choose to do Standard. If you are allowed to stick with Advanced, then you should keep it.

Aysce

HSC
DO NOT DO STANDARD - YOU WILL REGRET IT.

It is ultimately an ATAR killer.

FreeLearner

HSC
NEVER drop to standard, i've seen people doing it thinking they'd get really good marks in standard and instead I beat them and I was standard all the time. Like this guy that dropped down was getting 70s and 80s in advanced but thought he could get a 90 in standard if he dropped, but now only gets 70s in standard. (I even beat him lol). English advanced to English standard is a small drop, its not like 2U maths to General maths.

KEEP ADVANCED!

madharris

HSC
N/A
Last year 56 ( i think) standard students got a band 6 while over 3000 got band 6's in advanced english
DON'T DO THAT TO YOURSELF!!!

enoilgam

HSC
NO. The aligning in advanced is so much better than standard that even if you are just an average student, I would highly recommend keeping advanced. In you want figures, I think last year 13% or something got a B6 in advanced whilst about 0.1% got a B6 in standard. Obviously on the whole advanced students are probs more capable than standard but that doesn't account for such a large difference.
This - DONT DO STANDARD. It is the worst subject choice you can make.

Thief

!!
HSC
Hey fellow school students, I have a question regarding standard vs advanced - since I have not got amazing results in Advanced is a good thing to drop down in Standard. NB I hate English
Well it depends on your definition of 'not amazing' but as you can clearly see from every single other post, it'd be a terrible idea to drop to standard =) Just put your head down and work as hard as you can! Advanced > Standard

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
even though you hate english... it's a compulsory subject

So really, you have to ask yourself a few questions such as which is more interesting, and which is better, or which is easier... which is more beneficial

And I think if you weigh it all up - you'll probably find you're best off to stick with Advanced because it's pretty much the same thing as Standard content-learning-wise

medicore

HSC
Everyone so mean, to poor standard. D:
It isn't that bad, is it? =/

lm199

HSC
i do standard how much does it "ruin" your atar? i though they took raw marks so aligning wasnt the biggest deal... probably get people screaming at me idiot lol :p

Magical Kebab

HSC
i do standard how much does it "ruin" your atar? i though they took raw marks so aligning wasnt the biggest deal... probably get people screaming at me idiot lol :p
do well and you'll be fine :)

lm199

HSC
a band 5 would be ok right? its not my strongest subject..... i dont like creatives!! haha dont mind essays tho :)

lm199

HSC
how come its not bad on atar calculators? i know they are not official but its still an estimate

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Buddy let me tell you something.... come closer -_- no a little more closer..... DO STANDARD ENGLISH BECAUSE ITS AWESOME!

lol it's up too you, but if you are aiming in the 90's range, don't do it. But if you are aiming in the 80's range and you're getting around pass mark, then go for standard.
Why? It's because it will require less effort but no big reward.

STANDARD WOO!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)