English = Study block (2 Viewers)

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Ancient History is the worst

ZOMG:mad:

i can't study for shit, nothing of it flows in my head for this pathetic subject.

LLLL=)

HSC
oh my god yes!!!!!!!!
im sitting here right now trying to do something for english but nothing happens - i don't know why but i really need to study for it - can anyone help me???

old.skool.kid

HSC
Yeah its the same for me to. I just have no motivation at all to study english. I keep telling myself im gunna do an essay, but then end up doing maths, physics or chem.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Crap, I have done nothing for English whatsoever, am waiting for my teacher to get back to me... She's checking my essays. Well, I fixed up a few and sent tem to her, STILL needed related texts for Frontline, omg...

H4rdc0r3

HSC
I gave up on english ages ago, a continuous line of crap teachers led me to nowhere. (just like english, the subject)

crazathiest

HSC
I actually enjoyed english while at school, and performed quite well. It's hard to study for now though, only thing I've done for it is AOS Essay, Creative Writing, and Short Answer questions. Haven't touched modules yet.

SimonLee13

HSC
jasonml said:
English - for me - has always been more of a how-fast-cant-you-write-in-40-minutes?, rather than how well do you understand your course of study. It's really stupid.
That's really daunting. Writing 3 pieces; 40 mins each >.> Those who can write faster are at a huge advantage, granted its not bullcrap.

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
man i am down with the idea of english = study block i mean its probably because i really havent done much for it in AGGGEEESSSS so mabye by monday i will be all good for it if i focus on it over the weekends

well i reaaaaaallllllyyy hope so i mean seriously i hate english these days its not enjoyable i lost my passion for it during year 10 when i had this lazy, discriminatory bitch of a teacher who just put stuff on board then say write this do the uestions and then sit down and read a magazine or wander around class talking to her golden girls .

but enough about that for now ENGLISH = STUDY BLOCK

nrs1990

HSC
adnan91 said:
I have know realized the EXTREME difference between people who do 4u english than 4u maths. I prefer maths..
Don't judge 4U English by Advanced. I think 4U is a subject of happiness and joy, while advanced is dark doomness and horror.

I'm also having trouble studying for English. Maths and Modern seem so easy to study for. Past question, prac essay, rinse, repeat. English is just... demoralising. It's a game of figuring out what the teachers want you to say, rather than actually giving your opinion (in journeys especially).

I'm okay with the creative and Module A (and to a lesser extent, Module C), but I'm hating the journeys essay, and, strangely, short answers.

It's weird, whenever I decide I need to study English, I just end up procrastinating...

adnan91

HSC
nrs1990 said:
Don't judge 4U English by Advanced. I think 4U is a subject of happiness and joy, while advanced is dark doomness and horror.

I'm also having trouble studying for English. Maths and Modern seem so easy to study for. Past question, prac essay, rinse, repeat. English is just... demoralising. It's a game of figuring out what the teachers want you to say, rather than actually giving your opinion (in journeys especially).

I'm okay with the creative and Module A (and to a lesser extent, Module C), but I'm hating the journeys essay, and, strangely, short answers.

It's weird, whenever I decide I need to study English, I just end up procrastinating...
Ah i understand but earlier i was just outlining the difference btw ppl who only do 4u english and ppl who do only 4u maths.

BoyNextDoor

HSC
I also can't be bothered to study English. Even though I know that I have to do much better in English to improve!

proringz

HSC
It's quite ironic really as people (myself included) don't study much, if anything, for English and yet it's the only subject that is 100% going to contribute to your UAI. I guess some people can't stand doing practise essays; sitting there for 2 hours writing about certain ideologies that doesn't interest them at all, and I'm one of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)