English: The Area of Study - Journeys (1 Viewer)

burkefan

HSC
Could somebody please tell me which texts are the best for journeys... I'm using one 'Against the Tide' by Irini Savvides, but do you guys know any others which are good examples?

Schoey93

HSC
You may have trouble finding this book, but it's a great read and the protagonist (William Hardt, a lawyer) goes on an inner journey and a physical journey (to an island in the South Pacific, where he meets a pidgin-English-speaking, funny, interesting yet primitive society of people).

It's called One Big Damn Puzzler and it was written by John Harding. It's about 480 A5 pages, but it's easy to read because it's a good story and there are no archaic words in it. I'm going to use it next year as a related text for Journeys, you may as well too! If you like it, that is...

:)

Last edited:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
You may have trouble finding this book, but it's a great read and the protagonist (William Hardt, a lawyer) goes on an inner journey and a physical journey (to an island in the South Pacific, where he meets a pidgin-English-speaking, funny, interesting yet primitive society of people).

It's called One Big Damn Puzzler and it was written by John Harding. It's about 480 A5 pages, but it's easy to read because it's a good story and there are no archaic words in it. I'm going to use it next year as a related text for Journeys, you may as well too! If you like it, that is...

:)
love the irony.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, I knew it wasn't but when you read it again it certainly is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)