English trials? (1 Viewer)

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm just an English nerd. I have super big handwriting. I think I got about 3600ish words, that's how big I write lol.

And yeah, I agree with the other comments, writing a lot of pages doesn't mean your going to get good marks, at the end of the day it's quality, not quantity. However, if you can manage both, it's only to your advantage.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
No one from those type of schools will write that many pages. It's about quality, not quantity. Trust me, I know. And our Trials haven't even started yet.
True of course =.= quality>quantity always.....

But come on 57 pages is shocking lol.... wow

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Ive been told I have big writing and I wrote 17 overall..
Me too, and I only wrote like 16 pages.
I did the paper: Module B, C, A.
Wrote roughly 5.2, 5.2, 5.5 pages respectively.
I loved putting people off by asking for extra booklets every few minutes and when sir came over and I said "Can I have three sir?" and I think a few kids around me started writing faster.
I guess I'm a bit disappointed because I could've written heaps more. I took like 10 minutes at the start to go through and dissemble each question and then had 5 minutes left over to fix stuff up at the end.
Although, I don't think I did really good I'll probably end up getting:
16 + 18 + 14 for mod A, B and C.

I'm just an English nerd. I have super big handwriting. I think I got about 3600ish words, that's how big I write lol.
And yeah, I agree with the other comments, writing a lot of pages doesn't mean your going to get good marks, at the end of the day it's quality, not quantity. However, if you can manage both, it's only to your advantage.
you're*

garrei

HSC
Were your paper 2 questions the same as mine?

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok so in summary. What were the questions on paper 2?
Distinctively Visual
Something like "Images are created for many different purposes. How do these images affect YOU in the Prescribed + at least 1 related text"
Into the World
Something like "New experiences make growth or some shit. How is this explored in prescribed + at least 1 related text"
Owen
something about his ideas being expressed in the poetry to create an appreciation of the body of work.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
My essays were a bit lacking.. Didn't have enough time for Module A : Disctinvely Visual and my others were not too well structured.

Probs 13+15+15

WorryWartCob

HSC
do you guys do a external paper?

because we had questions such as
module a = individuals struggle (8page)
module b = how does change reflect your understanding (3page)
module c =history and memory as a integral part to representation (6page)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
do you guys do a external paper?
because we had questions such as
module a = individuals struggle (8page)
module b = how does change reflect your understanding (3page)
module c =history and memory as a integral part to representation (6page)
I did CSSA English (Standard) Paper 2.

Chazure

HSC
Uni Grad
3 words per line, 57 pages? O_O

my god, save the trees lol

solid 6/6/6 balance here

mirakon

nigga
HSC
i was happy about doing 15 pages overall. I got all my ideas down and was comfortable with what i wrote. Let's just hope the markers see it the same way lol.

K

khorne

wtf is with all you karnts and 10+ pages? We do our trials on standard 36 lined A4 (not bos paper), and I can pull maybe 5-6 in 40 min.

bdavis01

HSC
I'm so confused I did standard English paper 1 today and it was different to what you guys are talking about I thought everyone in the state did the same? .. My story had to be a on this postcard thing and essay was how feelings of security and insecurity affect belonging or something.. ?!

WorryWartCob

HSC
I'm so confused I did standard English paper 1 today and it was different to what you guys are talking about I thought everyone in the state did the same? .. My story had to be a on this postcard thing and essay was how feelings of security and insecurity affect belonging or something.. ?!
that was mine yesterday man. dont worry.

that was a bitch. that postcard shit

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
we did CSSA. You must've done independent or exam choice. Did it say in the top left corner on the first page?

bdavis01

HSC
Aw okay thanks, um no idea what paper it was didn't look :/ I did my essay and creative writing and stuff got to the exam and they were completely different to what I had prepared had to make up a new story on the spot So pissed off! Now I have no idea what tomorrow's gonna be like.. I hope my essays fit the questions otherwise I'm so screwed :(

WorryWartCob

HSC
Aw okay thanks, um no idea what paper it was didn't look :/ I did my essay and creative writing and stuff got to the exam and they were completely different to what I had prepared had to make up a new story on the spot So pissed off! Now I have no idea what tomorrow's gonna be like.. I hope my essays fit the questions otherwise I'm so screwed :(

you did the same paper as me.
i sat your module paper yesterday.

hope your prepared buddy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)