English trials? (1 Viewer)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol I talked about the visual imagery of the surroundings in the first couple of lines, there was also a simile which likened him to nature or something, also repetition in the first paragraph. I basically combined all of those elements to answer the question. I can't exactly remember the question though lol.

I managed to write 16 pages for my essay, around 12 for my creative and about 8 for my short answers. I write really big though. lol
wow. respect :)

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
Comprehension - some questions ok, some pretty shit (i.e. "mushroomer" - wft?)
Creative writing - kind of forgot about the pictures, but I guess they kind of related
Essay - did 8 pages, somehow managed to relate the Hunchback of Notre Dame to Strzynecki and spell Strzynecki's name wrong about 50 times throughout the whole essay despite my poor teacher's efforts to steer the class away from spelling his name wrong...

enoilgam

HSC
wtf 12 fucking pages are you serious?
A senior HSC marker once told me that some people write up to 25 pages for their Paper One essays. Personally, I dont believe that it is possible for a person to write that much in such a short amount of time, but she said it isnt rare to see essays which exceed 20 pages in length

Dylanamali

HSC
A senior HSC marker once told me that some people write up to 25 pages for their Paper One essays. Personally, I dont believe that it is possible for a person to write that much in such a short amount of time, but she said it isnt rare to see essays which exceed 20 pages in length
WTF - how many words is that .. in excess of 2000? in 40 minutes.. that sounds impossible.

Pitah

HSC
i did the CSSA
section 1 - alright cept for the 5 marker, think i stuffed that since i used text one and wrote random shti about belonging (3 pages)
section 2 - my prepared story fit into the travel picture (3 pages)
section 3 - had 10 mins left, wrote one page, a solid paragraph about skrzynecki

hope for 25+ o_O

enoilgam

HSC
WTF - how many words is that .. in excess of 2000? in 40 minutes.. that sounds impossible.
I'd imagine that they would be writing like 4-5 words a line using old HSC writing books. She reakons that students use it as a strategy to gain more marks because markers are a lot less thorough when marking essays that long. I still have trouble believing its possible.

HSC
Uni Grad
heh reminds me to get studying :p

i assume that all of you so far did the catholic paper. Our school is probs gonna use the independent paper then...

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Well yeah, It did say HOW EFFECTIVELY .... TWO TEXTS so i would think so... that's just my opinion but.
Synthesis is to compare and contrast not just contrast. It's all the connections. How do you do Advanced?

For tomorrow's exam, does Module C require a related TEXT, or just the prescribed text we've studied? Thanks :)
YOU SERIOUS?!

Comprehension - some questions ok, some pretty shit (i.e. "mushroomer" - wft?)
Creative writing - kind of forgot about the pictures, but I guess they kind of related
Essay - did 8 pages, somehow managed to relate the Hunchback of Notre Dame to Strzynecki and spell Strzynecki's name wrong about 50 times throughout the whole essay despite my poor teacher's efforts to steer the class away from spelling his name wrong...
IT'S ON THE PAPER!!!
I don't remember any of the authors' names. I remember the quotes and essays and shit and fuck to the authors, because their names are on the fucking paper!

Section 1 in 25 minutes. Section 2 in 30 minutes. Section 3 in 65 minutes. Highly possible.

i did the CSSA
section 1 - alright cept for the 5 marker, think i stuffed that since i used text one and wrote random shti about belonging (3 pages)
section 2 - my prepared story fit into the travel picture (3 pages)
section 3 - had 10 mins left, wrote one page, a solid paragraph about skrzynecki
hope for 25+ o_O
Lol, you're fucked.
I hope the people above me in Standard at my school did this.

HSC
short answers went alright, except that poem. Most confusing shit ever.
creative peice was liek band 3 at like, 5 pages in length.
The essay, well i wrote my into, noting 2 prescribed and 2 related. I re read the question, scribbled out the second related. but in doing so, i just forgot about the 2nd prescribed!
After realising i finished rather early, it hit me like a ton of bricks that i forgot my 2nd prescribed! i freaked out something severe. I got it down in the end, but my heart was racing. All set for tomorrow.. :/

Pitah

HSC
yea im fucked

just do well tommoz i guess and hope everyone else fucks up this one :D
everyone seems to think the 3 essays r daughting and harder than the AOS
i think 3 essays r easier cus if u look at past papers, the questions r all basically the same, just need to memorise quotes and techniques
much easier said than done :D

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
short answers went alright, except that poem. Most confusing shit ever.
creative peice was liek band 3 at like, 5 pages in length.
The essay, well i wrote my into, noting 2 prescribed and 2 related. I re read the question, scribbled out the second related. but in doing so, i just forgot about the 2nd prescribed!
After realising i finished rather early, it hit me like a ton of bricks that i forgot my 2nd prescribed! i freaked out something severe. I got it down in the end, but my heart was racing. All set for tomorrow.. :/
Aren't you only supposed to have one prescribed text?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
just do well tommoz i guess and hope everyone else fucks up this one :D
everyone seems to think the 3 essays r daughting and harder than the AOS
i think 3 essays r easier cus if u look at past papers, the questions r all basically the same, just need to memorise quotes and techniques
much easier said than done :D
But you can't backlog time by getting through one section faster and then spend more time on your essay because they are all essays.

Pitah

HSC
in today's exam, i spent the most time on the first section, that fucked me over for the rest of the exam

u could make up time by getting an essay question which you're quotes can easily be intergrated with, but then again, enlgish is a bitch and will give u some retarded question that is totally different compared to previous year questions

essays r easy shit for me, just analyse the fuck out of techniques and make sure it directly relates to the question, easy marks :D

evanstroeve

Premium Member
HSC
Not sure what paper my school does, might've made it themselves.
Section 1 wasn't too hard at all. Poem and prose extracts were full of techniques.
Section 2 was really specific. Lot of people would've found it hard if they relied on a prewritten story. One of the ones I wrote before hand slotted in perfectly, so I'm pretty confident with it.
Section 3 was the type of question that lent itself well to some prescribed texts, and not as well to others. I did alright with As You Like It. Hopefully.

HSC
how the hell did people find the poem hard? i found it, no joke, the second easiest to analyse (after the pie chick)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)