ENGLISH TUTOR: 8 years' experience, student came 1st in NSW in 2013 (1 Viewer)

one2onetuition

HSC
ENGLISH TUTOR WITH 8 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AND GREAT RESULTS

Testimonials
"I found the learning environment very comfortable but also very thought-provoking as she always encourages critical thinking, which is an invaluable skill vital to English studies. She explains concepts in great detail and is able to deftly change her approach to ensure that I’ve fully grasped the ideas. She also generously shares many tips for time management as effective time management skills are critical to any exam, especially to an English exam. I sincerely would like to thank her for equipping me with the tools necessary for success." - Ting, First in the State in English ESL (2013)

2014 HSC Results:
- Top student received 95 in English Advanced and 47/50 in English Extension 1. This translated to a UAI of 99.8. Congratulations!

Background/Experience:
  • HSC 2008; 99.90 UAI
  • UNSW Scientia Scholarship
  • Graduated from Commerce/Law (UNSW) with Honours in Law
  • Eight years of private tutoring experience, six years of small group tutoring experience, two years of university peer tutoring experience.
How I will help you:
  • I will help you with your understanding of your prescribed/related text.
  • I will help you with thesis and argument formation to ensure that you present thoughtful responses (even under exam conditions!) that display a high level of personal thought.
  • I will help you with your creative writing skills and ensure that your response addresses concepts of Discovery and employs a broad variety of language forms and features.
  • I will add value to your learning through providing notes, mock exam papers and support outside of regular lessons.
Lessons offered:
  • Private lessons or small group lessons for English students in Yrs 7- 10
  • Private lessons or small group lessons for Preliminary/ HSC Standard English
  • Private lessons or small group lessons for Preliminary/ HSC Advanced English
  • Online marking - marking and commenting on essays and creative writing pieces (this is a good option if you live too far away but would still like someone to correct and comment on your writing)
Fees:
  • Private lessons: $50/hr
  • Groups of 2 to 3 students: $40/hr
  • Groups 4 students or more: $30/hr
  • Online marking - $40 per essay (free for existing students)
It is a good idea to organise lessons with a couple of friends who are in the same English class at school to take advantage of lower rates. In the past, small group lessons have worked well as students are able to have active discussions about the texts.

124-128 Beamish St, Campsie (5 minute walk from Campsie Station)

Email - one2one.tuition09@gmail.com
Mobile - 0435 119 264

Last edited:

kirstann

HSC
WOW !
I might need tutoring for law if that's possible lol
How do you score high in law?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)