English Tutor wanted (HSC Marker preferred) (1 Viewer)

glamour.gal

HSC
I'm in yr 11 doing eng adv and ext 1
if anyone knows any hsc markers that run private tuition, pm plz :)
or if anyone has a tutor who's realli good, could u plz recommend them

kony

HSC
I went to an HSC marker for quite a while until I stopped, and changed to a previous year's student who did very well.

A couple of things I realised:

1. It's actually probably not worth the extra cost per hour to get the marker, since they charge upwards of $50 an hour.

2. Skill-wise, they were hardly any different to the student's.

3. They are a lot busier, have too many students (not to mention the school they teach at, with all those students), and occasionally are unable to address your needs at a moment's notice.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
kony said:
I went to an HSC marker for quite a while until I stopped, and changed to a previous year's student who did very well.

A couple of things I realised:

1. It's actually probably not worth the extra cost per hour to get the marker, since they charge upwards of $50 an hour.

2. Skill-wise, they were hardly any different to the student's.

3. They are a lot busier, have too many students (not to mention the school they teach at, with all those students), and occasionally are unable to address your needs at a moment's notice.
Dr Barry Spurr, one of the authors of the HSC English Standard study guide has marked the HSC English papers for many years and after acknowledging his credentials I went to contact him by e-mail he clearly stated that he charges around $200 for assistance in HSC English.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)