Enrolled at Two Unis but studying at One? (1 Viewer)

er15

HSC
Hey guys, I recently got an offer to study at UNSW Commerce. However, I am currently enrolled at UTS and haven't withdrew. I am just wondering if it's possible I can study at UNSW and withdrew from the UTS subjects but not the course? Primarily this would only be due to the fact I want to experience UNSW before I withdraw from UTS. My friend also mentioned that I could study at UNSW this semester and providing I don't do well or don't like the experience I could always go back to UTS next semester.

Are any of these scenarios allowed?

Thanks.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
dunno about UTS but at UNSW you need to be enrolled into at least 1 subject per semester to be still enrolled in the course
so im guessing there is something similar for UTS

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
You normally have to formally apply for a leave of absence, you can't just not enroll in any units.

From the UTS rules:
7.8.3 An undergraduate or graduate coursework student who has not enrolled in any subjects and who has not applied for and had a period of leave of absence approved in accordance with Rule 7.6 or who has not re-enrolled as required after a period of approved leave of absence is considered to have abandoned his or her study in the course and will be withdrawn from the course by the Registrar.

The option isn't available to you however as leave is not available in your first semester.

Last edited:

er15

HSC
You normally have to formally apply for a leave of absence, you can't just not enroll in any units.

From the UTS rules:
7.8.3 An undergraduate or graduate coursework student who has not enrolled in any subjects and who has not applied for and had a period of leave of absence approved in accordance with Rule 7.6 or who has not re-enrolled as required after a period of approved leave of absence is considered to have abandoned his or her study in the course and will be withdrawn from the course by the Registrar.

The option isn't available to you however as leave is not available in your first semester.
Thanks for the response, appreciate it :) But I am slightly confused, I am in my second year at UTS but I can't apply for leave of absence this semester?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for the response, appreciate it :) But I am slightly confused, I am in my second year at UTS but I can't apply for leave of absence this semester?
Oh sorry, thought you were a first year for some reason. If you are second year then yes you can take a leave of absence and that would be your best course of action.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)