enrollment day... (1 Viewer)

alicealciealice

HSC
hi all,
this is probably a stupid question, but i was just wondering if there are any advantages of traveling down to canberra for the enrollment day on the 11th? because the colleges seem to be letting new residents enroll after the move-in-day if they can't travel to anu. if i enroll on the 11th will i have a better choice of tutorial times and lecture times or does the day i enroll make no difference to my timetable and subject selection?
any help would be much appreciated!

cricketfan10

HSC
there was a similar question during the pre-dep info night...there's no advantage, nor is there any disadvantage if you enrol later, even during O-week as some may have to for whatever reason. atleast that's what the main person (forget her name) at the night said.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Makes no difference. You don't sign up for lectures, and tutorial sign ups (for all of my classes at least) generally opened a few minutes after the first lecture of the semester i.e. after o-week. I think the 11th is more for local residents anyway, Johns took mobs of us over to get us all sorted out anway.

HOWEVER, if you require a parking permit, you cannot be issued with one until you are enrolled in each semester you intend to have it for (need at least 3/4 courses by memory).

Nivi7

HSC
Just another question about enrolments. In the "How to accept your offer and enrol" booklet it says that we need to prove our citzenship status using a passport/birth certificate/citizenship certificate. Do we need to bring the originals or can we bring duplicate copies?

bluemonday

HSC
the colleges seem to be letting new residents enroll after the move-in-day if they can't travel to anu
Where did you find that? I was planning to go up on the 11th so I'd be there for the 12th ("M" names). Can I move in on the normal day (14th) and enroll later?

cricketfan10

HSC
Where did you find that? I was planning to go up on the 11th so I'd be there for the 12th ("M" names). Can I move in on the normal day (14th) and enroll later?
that table has dates for late enrollments so you probably can.

Ero

HSC
I see enrolling earlier as a good thing. So I plan on turning up on the first day (my name is early in the Alphabet) enrolling as soon as possible and getting it over and done with,. Then later I still have the opportunity to change my subject selection if i feel i need too. It's better than leaving it to the last opportunity to find out that your original subjects really are not the best option.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
If you're at college - they will take you up during o-week to enrol. Don't worry there are no limits in courses or anything like that. I strongly suggest you read up on possible courses before you come to uni, so you at least have a fair idea what you want to do. Otherwise you'll be chopping and changing heaps of subjects (you can swap upto census date (about 3-5 weeks in i think)

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
ANU aren't like sydney universities where you get to choose your lectures. 'lecture streams' is an unheard of term at ANU. the lectures are scheduled for x time and they'll be on at x time regardless if you have clashes or whatever.

you shouldn't have clashes unless you've chosen a messed up combination of subjects (e.g one from each faculty)

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
^^ what he said.
they base the timetables up on calculating the minimal number of clashes with students. Therefore if you have a big bunch of students you're less likely to have clashes (as opposed to going with heaps of differnt faculties - where you will have more clashes). remember most lectures are recorrded so it makes it a bit easier to catch up, some are video recorded too. you can listen to these on any anu computer for free (or offcampus if you have good internet)

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
Do we need to bring the originals or can we bring duplicate copies?
I brought my original passport, and I think you should have yours as well. It's one of those things that you'll be asked to show occasionally.

HOWEVER, if you require a parking permit, you cannot be issued with one until you are enrolled in each semester you intend to have it for (need at least 3/4 courses by memory).
If you have a car but don't have a parking permit until you enrol, you should be able to request a temporary parking permit from your hall/college which will allow you to park in the resident's car park for a few days. This should allow you enough time to sort out a permanent parking permit.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
But i'm pretty sure permits are given on a first in first served basis. Considering the number of spaces are being reduced, you'll need to put it as a priority

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
But i'm pretty sure permits are given on a first in first served basis. Considering the number of spaces are being reduced, you'll need to put it as a priority
Chances are that they'll take your money and won't care if you have a space or not.

Nivi7

HSC
I brought my original passport, and I think you should have yours as well. It's one of those things that you'll be asked to show occasionally.
okay, I'll try and keep my passport safe.
thanks for the reply:)

fleurpower

HSC
Heya, im moving down from Cairns, and so i will miss my enrolment day... Will this matter? Im moving in on the 14th

cricketfan10

HSC
is there anything complicated to do with enrolment? i mean, can u do it urself or do u need ur parents for some details or whatever?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)