Enrollment Question (1 Viewer)

Hazza3690

HSC
hey everyone,
I received an offer for a Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science. Im in the middle of my enrollment and have come to the government assistance stage. Basically it says if you want to apply for HECS, you need to give your tax file number. I applied and sent in the forms to get a tfn about 10 days ago and ive heard that it takes up to 28 days for you to receive it. That being said, should i select "full upfront payment" and get a Certificate of Application for TFN because i haven't got it yet or should i wait up to 18days to get it and then finish that stage?

If i do wait to receive my tfn, will i miss out on certain classes and such because they have been filled already by people who already have there tfns?

Thanks for any advice !

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Are you able to progress to enrolling in subjects without selecting that? (I don't remember)

Either way I'm pretty sure you can select to do full upfront and then change it before the census date (late march). If you can't move on with enrolment without selecting a payment option that's likely the best idea to ensure you can get a good timetable.

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure you are not obliged to supply your TFN at the time of enrollment - try selecting the full deferral box, and leave the TFN box blank. As soon as you get it, give student services a call :)

Edit: I just checked my form and it says you have to provide your TFN by census date, else your enrollment will be cancelled. So you don't have to have it to enrol.

Last edited:

ayecee

HSC
Yes you can. At the bottom of the form, select the 'pay up front' option rather than hecs and just leave the tfn field blank. Just remember to submit another application government assistance form before the census date!!!
Source: That's what I did :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)