Enrolment/Timetable Help (1 Viewer)

cutey_azn

HSC
I was accepted into a double degree course (B Engineering/B Commerce) and is now making the timetable.
I have read the handbook and it states that first year, I will be doing these courses: MATH1131, PHYS1121, COMP1911 and ENGG1000
I put in these courses and have chose the lecture, tutorial and laboratory times, but the finished timetable always ended up with a clash between COMP1911 and ENGG1000, so I am a bit confused about it.

I wanted to also ask if I can do COMP1917 instead of COMP1911 since they have the same lecture and tutorial times as I wanted to do a more computing based engineering degree.
Also, can I do some commerce courses in my first year as I have heard that in first year, it is purely engineering based but I wanted to put 1 or 2 commerce core courses in semester 1, and do the engineering courses which I haven't done in semester 2. Is that allowed??

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You can do COMP1917, which is the harder version of COMP1911.

And I'm not sure about the rest.

garrry

HSC
I was accepted into a double degree course (B Engineering/B Commerce) and is now making the timetable.
I have read the handbook and it states that first year, I will be doing these courses: MATH1131, PHYS1121, COMP1911 and ENGG1000
I put in these courses and have chose the lecture, tutorial and laboratory times, but the finished timetable always ended up with a clash between COMP1911 and ENGG1000, so I am a bit confused about it.

I wanted to also ask if I can do COMP1917 instead of COMP1911 since they have the same lecture and tutorial times as I wanted to do a more computing based engineering degree.
Also, can I do some commerce courses in my first year as I have heard that in first year, it is purely engineering based but I wanted to put 1 or 2 commerce core courses in semester 1, and do the engineering courses which I haven't done in semester 2. Is that allowed??
You can do commerce cores in 2nd semester.

cutey_azn

HSC
You can do commerce cores in 2nd semester.
So I cannot do commerce cores in the first semester, because my brother said that I can thus my current timetable is half-half (half engineering and half commerce)
If I can't, its best for me to change it as soon as possible so that I can secure my spots in the other engineering cores

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You can do Commerce courses whenever. But you've already filled your Semester 1 courses, so you can't do them this semester.

cutey_azn

HSC
My current timetable consist of these courses ENGG1000, MATH1131, ACCT1501 and ECON1102
But I haven't enrolled in the commerce courses as I wanted to make sure that I can do both engineering and commerce in semester 1

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
My current timetable consist of these courses ENGG1000, MATH1131, ACCT1501 and ECON1102
But I haven't enrolled in the commerce courses as I wanted to make sure that I can do both engineering and commerce in semester 1
Yes you can.

cutey_azn

HSC
OK, I have enrolled now
Thanks for all your help, it is very helpful and sorry for the inconvienience that I have cause you guys

Thanks again

William_Wu

HSC
uhhhhhh
I do all those subjects (except going PHYS1311) and they all fit..
I'm pretty sure your clash is thing glitch thing.
I have COMP1911 on monday afternoon straight after ENG1000, but it says they clash?
I have it too...
I need to call UNSW about that actually, but I'm pretty sure its just a glitch because
I've checked the class times about 10000000 times to make sure there weren't clashes.

But let me check first.

D94

HSC
N/A
uhhhhhh
I do all those subjects (except going PHYS1311) and they all fit..
I'm pretty sure your clash is thing glitch thing.
I have COMP1911 on monday afternoon straight after ENG1000, but it says they clash?
I have it too...
I need to call UNSW about that actually, but I'm pretty sure its just a glitch because
I've checked the class times about 10000000 times to make sure there weren't clashes.

But let me check first.
It's because for different weeks, ENGG1000 runs at different times. Just select an individual week (it's set to the whole semester ie. 13 weeks, by default). It's not a glitch, nor is it a clash. It's just different weeks overlapping each other.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
don't do commerce first year you will get fucked with engineering prereqs seconds year (especially coz you're not doing physics), do all engo first year then start doing comm subjects second year tis' wat I did

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)