Equal 1st (1 Viewer)

Peter_1

HSC
When we receive our assessment ranks, would 1st place be written the same way as equal 1st ie. 1/29 or would it be 2/29 for equal first? Cheers, greatly appreciated..

xxcc

HSC
Would be 1/29
and hence 2nd place mark would be 3/29 if there are two people placing first.

Peter_1

HSC
Oh thanks.. So that means there would be no way to tell whether my mark was equal 1st or 1st alone.. And would equal 1st affect me in anyway (in comparison to 1st alone- school mark wise).. Thanks

madharris

HSC
N/A
Oh thanks.. So that means there would be no way to tell whether my mark was equal 1st or 1st alone.. And would equal 1st affect me in anyway (in comparison to 1st alone- school mark wise).. Thanks
I think your assessment mark gets averaged between the person that you came = 1st with

D94

HSC
N/A
It will affect you. Since the moderated assessment mark for the first ranked student is the highest exam mark of anyone in the cohort, now, since there are 2 equal firsts, it is the average of the 2 highest exam marks which will become your assessment mark.

For example, let's say 98 and 94 are the 2 highest exam marks (and you got the 98). Your assessment mark will be the average of 98 and 94, i.e. 96, and so your final HSC mark is the average of 96 and 98, which is 97. If you were outright first, you would have gotten the average of 98 and 98, i.e. 98, as your final HSC mark.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Of course if you came equal first in the assessments but second in the exam - e.g. exam marks 98 and 94, as above - but you were the one with 94 then your HSC would be your 94 exam mark and 96 assessment - so 95.

Coming equal first indicates that there isn't much between you, if anything, and so the chances are that you will also be very close in the exam and so it will have very little impact on the final result.

Salehhh

HSC
I heard teachers can't put =1 when they submit the assessment marks to BOS

bangladesh

HSC
It will affect you. Since the moderated assessment mark for the first ranked student is the highest exam mark of anyone in the cohort, now, since there are 2 equal firsts, it is the average of the 2 highest exam marks which will become your assessment mark.

For example, let's say 98 and 94 are the 2 highest exam marks (and you got the 98). Your assessment mark will be the average of 98 and 94, i.e. 96, and so your final HSC mark is the average of 96 and 98, which is 97. If you were outright first, you would have gotten the average of 98 and 98, i.e. 98, as your final HSC mark.
+1. Completely explained it.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
D94, now that I've finished HSC today, will you reveal whether you work for the board?

You have explained marks and stuff on year, I appreciate it. Good source of knowledge.

braintic

HSC
N/A
I heard teachers can't put =1 when they submit the assessment marks to BOS
For starters they don't submit any ranks - not 1 - not =1. They only submit marks.

Schools can submit equal top marks if they see that as appropriate. However many principals strongly urge faculties to separate the top two if it is at all possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)