Equal first rank.. implications? (1 Viewer)

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
Hrmmmmm... they're not really meant to... but I know a lot of teachers do - if they feel that the assessment marks don't accurately reflect the relative differences between students. They can't actually change the rankings though.
okay...lets just whip my competitor in the hsc

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Just eliminate competition. :p

A shotgun should do the trick. :)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ragerunner
Just eliminate competition. :p

A shotgun should do the trick. :)
That doesn't help you tho. I mean, you might as well just pay a visit to the Selective schools and a few Private schools for that matter. :p

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Yeah but if you came last in your class just kill them all and you will get your moderated assessment mark as your HSC exam mark :)

(Assuming you don't get put into jail) :)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
But what if you have a bad day, and they beat you. :p

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner

(Assuming you don't get put into jail) :)
it don't matter- if u in hospital or jail: provided u give bos warning u still can sit ur hsc on that day :p

*brings out shotgun

timmii

sporadic attendee
I have (or rather my friend has, but I'm retelling it...) an excellent story to illustrate the effect of equal first ranks.

My friend (lets call her...1) ranked equal first with another friend (for convenience, lets call her 2) at school in studies of religion. If 1 sat the exam and got an exam mark of 94 while the 2 got 92, friend 1 would get an exam mark of 94 and an assessment mark of 93...so it would disadvantage her.

However, my friend was unfortunately *sick* and missed her studies of religion final exam, and thus went in with a first ranking. Another friend (who was ranked 4th i think...) topped the class in the exam with a mark of 94. Since there could be no average between the 2 top marks, both friend 1 and friend 2 were allocated 94 as an assessment mark. Friend 2 got her real mark for her exam, but since friend 1 didn't write the exam, she got that assessment mark for her exam as well....and as a result ended up coming 7th in the state for SOR!!! :D

Edit: i'm not advocating feigning ill for ur exams...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)