Equality and Difference - task help (1 Viewer)

SuzWooz

HSC
So,

I've been given my fourth task to do and i am have no idea what to do. We are supposed to write a 5 minute speech about:

'THE DE-INSTITUTIONALISATION OF THE INEQUALITY EXPREICED BY SEXUALITY IN AUSTRALIAN SOCIETY'

and we are supposed to mention the unequal access to the socially valued resources; the historical, political and legal forces generating and maintaining prejudice; and we have do make a judgment about the best ways to 'de-institutionalise' the inequality experienced because of sexuality.

Now i dont know where to start, and i can barely find anything on the net about the inequality people experience because of there sexuality. Can someone help me with this, or tell me where to look?

I would be greatful forever :)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Well, a big point that you will have to talk about is inequality regarding access to the legal system (an important SVR). The HSC legal studies course actually has some really good info on this- the concepts cross over into Society and Culture really well. Examples include things like the fact that same sex couples cannot marry- which prevents them from accessing a lot of legal benefits that heterosexual couples enjoy. Though there has been legislation passed in an attempt to reduce this, many inequalities still remain, eg same sex couples cannot adopt children.

Try going to the Legal Studies teacher at your school, they probably wont mind helping you out. There are some good essays in the resources section of this site as well, they would be under the 'family' topic.
http://www.boredofstudies.org/view.php?course=26#26.4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)