N/A
I received an offer today :) woooo

However, I am deferring :(

Can I reapply for it next year?

Would I have exactly the same opportunity even though I already got an offer

Eclipse008

HSC
N/A
I didn't get one. I'm curious as to how severe the circumstances need to be, before you get one.

I.e. My mother is disabled, I'm on centrelink benefits and so is she. I've also had to care for her over the HSC period, and will continue to do so. I ended up getting a uai of 96.50.

What is it they they select the recipients on?

Note: Sorry, I'm not having a whinge. I know that there are individuals worse off than I. I just wanted to know.

jaimebien

HSC
From which university? The equity scholarship from USYD, known as the access scholarship, explicitly states that it cannot be deferred.

lionking1191

HSC
From which university? The equity scholarship from USYD, known as the access scholarship, explicitly states that it cannot be deferred.
i think he's talking about the commonwealth one?

and he said u can apply next year

jaimebien

HSC
Ah good catch. Sorry, I've just been reading so much about university bureacracy and that word keeps popping up.

@OP, yes, you may apply again and theoretically your reasons for applying are the same. However, all scholarship applicants are ranked in order of their need and perhaps next time there may be more needy applicants. I don't think they assess your need based on previous applications.

garrybarry

HSC
Do they offer these scholarships for people who get offers in the late round? My friend applied but didn't get an offer in the main round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)