Equity Scholarships (1 Viewer)

sombrero

HSC
According to this site institutional equity scholarship outcomes will be available today, but, it won't let me check it hmmm anyone else get this?

The Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) Equity Scholarships website

Also, does anyone know about the Commonwealth start-up and relocation scholarships??

All I know is that it failed to be put into legislation and is being re-looked at in February :(

shady145

Banned
HSC
According to this site institutional equity scholarship outcomes will be available today, but, it won't let me check it hmmm anyone else get this?

The Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) Equity Scholarships website

Also, does anyone know about the Commonwealth start-up and relocation scholarships??

All I know is that it failed to be put into legislation and is being re-looked at in February :(
yea i cant find where to view the results =/

and with the commonwaelth start-up and relocation scholarships, thats all anyone knows...

sombrero

HSC
It finally came online :(

fuckkkkkkkk

That's what I get for not accepting one last year and having a gap year grrrrr

shady145

Banned
HSC

fuckkkkkkkk

aww... ohwell, less money for us
EDIT: and there are still other offers right... a few others given later i read

Last edited:

Epic

HSC
and with the commonwaelth start-up and relocation scholarships, thats all anyone knows...
The start-up and relocation scholarships didn't make it through the senate, so as of today they don't officially exist. The legislation is being brought back into parliament in "early 2010" - so hopefully they pass and we get them just in time lol.

shady145

Banned
HSC
The start-up and relocation scholarships didn't make it through the senate, so as of today they don't officially exist. The legislation is being brought back into parliament in "early 2010" - so hopefully they pass and we get them just in time lol.
yea ^^
they have to re-evaluate it =/

William kamel

HSC
So did anyone here get the scholarships and if they did what requirements do u reckon needed to be in place.

uac.aplcnt

HSC

fuckkkkkkkk

HAHA..yeah..gotta be careful with IE scholarships..mosts of them are given because they are dependent on family's income and if you get an allowance or not etc.

BTWW..does the IES outcomes show also peoples offers to a course that they put as a preference for the main round and all??

.deimonic

HSC
I got one from USYD. How exactly do you accept your scholarship offer?

uac.aplcnt

HSC
You dont accept it? You just get paid money or something atfer the first census date or earlier or something since you have been offered and are eligible for it already as compared to the rest..

uac.aplcnt

HSC
BTWW..does the IES outcomes show also peoples offers to a course that they put as a preference for the main round and all??

Ok..so is it likely to say WHICH institution gave you the scholarship atleasts? Because I guess that'll answer my first part of the question..lol

uac.aplcnt

HSC

Ok..so is it likely to say WHICH institution gave you the scholarship atleasts? Because I guess that'll answer my first part of the question..lol
Ok..by recieving a letter from UAC TODAY (To my surprise..) in the mail about my scholarship outcome from my sister it just goes to show that YES they obviously DO show which institution offers you a scholarship (AND hence what offer you was made in the main round consideration for uni study 2010).. This is the same as checking if you have recieved an offer or not in the main round :rofl:..

HOWEVER..I HAVEN'T recieved a scholarship this year (DAMN) for some reason..BUT I still have a chance as the letter says there are more rounds this year as compared to previous years since..I think I recieved an offer from UWS again :ninja::ninja:

AM_092

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I got a DAS (Diversity Access Scholarship) from UTS! $1000 grant :) I'm pretty happy.
I do need to accept it by completing a form they sent me and return it before the due date :)

sombrero

HSC
I know people from Charles Sturt and and UWS who have received ~$2200 just for being on youth allowance. Some sort of a faux commonwealth scholarship perhaps

When I called Sydney up they offer nothing of equivalence. Only directed to wait and see if the Commonwealth scholarships are even passed in February

teanido

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know what happened to the old CECS scholarships?
According to the newspaper they disappear with the startup scholarships...

However, since the legislation didn't pass, then common sense would confer that the old CECS scholarships don't fall under the startup scholarships...

Total bs from this legal system we have.

sombrero

HSC
The old CECS scholarships will continue as normal (for those who received it last year and subsequent the years before)

If anyone finds out the date when this scholarship system is back in Parliament or if it actually passes PLEASE POST IT HERE

My life depends on it!

melodic_gal

HSC
I got one from USYD. How exactly do you accept your scholarship offer?
I remember when i got it last year, i accept it online and then the school will send you an information package either in your email or via mail. there should be a letter which congrats you for receiving a scholarship and then it asks your details bank, tax, centrelink etc i am not sure about usyd but that how i did it.

MissLaura91

HSC
So have the new scholarships and youth allowance payments been passed yet or not? ITS EARLY 2010! when is the government going to get around to it!? someone needs to get in contact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)