Ernst & Young (1 Viewer)

Soda_Can

HSC
Heh, i was about to ask a similar Q as Sheng's for FS.

any uni preferences...client locales etc?

I think Todd would be interested to know as well =)

Cheers,
Soda

oz_rocker

Todd Heslin
HSC
Yeah i kinda didnt think about that yet. I fair should have seein as I need to relocate. I already know, I wanna hit up UTS but if UAI doesnt prevail then prob macquarie.

Is anyone elce thinking of moving to unilodge? - Bit on the expensive side but I cant seem to find anything cheaper without leaving the city.

From what I have heard, most - if not all - of FS clients are in the CBD - due to the nature of the industry.

Hey meads do we have anymore drinks nights prior to starting? Im 18 on sunday so I feel the need for free drinks :)

Ciao

apprentice63

HSC
I believe that the "Top 100 Accounting firms" BRW list is now out in its latest edition.
I was wondering if anyone has the list yet? If so, would be great to see...and also maybe read an article about it

cheers

apprentice63

HSC
Sorry everyone. I miss read the information. The list comes out on 31 July.

Now that it is now over half way through the year, so I thought that it would be a good time to ask the 2006 cadets, what they think of their cadetships.

Is it different to what you expected? Do you enjoy your work? How are you coping with study and work?

and finally, if you could decide to do it all over again, would you have chosen a cadetship?

Sorry, that sounds a big long whinded, however, I would love know direct from the cadets.

oz_rocker

Todd Heslin
HSC
c0okies said:
there were drink nights?! didnt we only have lunch

I was refering to...actually i am really unsure :p. I have heard that there should be some soon though. As long as they are paying haha, im so scabby. :)

turtleface

HSC
apprentice63 said:
I believe that the "Top 100 Accounting firms" BRW list is now out in its latest edition.
I was wondering if anyone has the list yet? If so, would be great to see...and also maybe read an article about it

cheers
Theres 2 topics on the top 100 accounting firms in the University>Commerce/Business sub forum.

I'm sorry to say EY has finally gotten owned by KPMG :) (at least in terms of 1 metric)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
turtleface said:
Theres 2 topics on the top 100 accounting firms in the University>Commerce/Business sub forum.

I'm sorry to say EY has finally gotten owned by KPMG :) (at least in terms of 1 metric)
Wont be owned for long. KPMG are screwed in the States and it will take its toll on Australian firm this financial year.

Soda_Can

HSC
let's hope so...

bah, todd - 18? ><" you're about 11 months older than me :S

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
shengyeo said:
Hi,

Just wondering, does any of the past years trainees known when the traineeship starts next year, approximately. Is it early Feb or Late January?

Also, is there anybody in the TCE part of TMP comment on where most of the clients are located in sydney? Just wondering as i am trying to work out my UAC form now and trying to work out which uni would be the most convenient.

Thanks,

Sheng
Mmm, yes I'm in TCE - client locations vary. A lot of clients we audit are based out at North Ryde, but most are within the Sydney CBD.

As for the most convenient uni, I'd say UTS or Macquarie, if you're coming to TCE

c0okies

HSC
Minai said:
Mmm, yes I'm in TCE - client locations vary. A lot of clients we audit are based out at North Ryde, but most are within the Sydney CBD.

As for the most convenient uni, I'd say UTS or Macquarie, if you're coming to TCE
why not unsw? isnt macq far away

Harish

HSC
Hey everybody,
I applied to EY this year and got into the Tax Op. Division. Just wanted to know what the difference between a Principal and Partner is. Just curious. :p

Harish

know_it_all

third thread in a row i no,
just a question to seremify.. why do u keep answering EY-specifc questions when ur a "Undergraduate Consultant, Financial Assurance at..."

c0okies

HSC
Harish said:
Hey everybody,
I applied to EY this year and got into the Tax Op. Division. Just wanted to know what the difference between a Principal and Partner is. Just curious. :p

Harish
HAHA i know you! i sat at your table at the interview AND the lunch rofl.

Harish

HSC
Were you sitting next to the partner whose name was Gs at the Lunch?

Anyway, its good to meet you. What degree are you planning to do next year&where?

c0okies

HSC
haha MAYBE; as u figured .. i WAS the only new girl cadet at your table

are u the guy who did hsc maths early?

i think i might go uts and do business there. but not too sure

btw good to meet you too lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)