essay - report (1 Viewer)

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
I have just finished my assignment....almost, i just have the title page to go, it is a structured essay. I just wanna know like at uni what u write on the title page like apart from my name and lecturer name do i have to write the school the subject is in and stuff, and how do u set it out, like in what order? Thx b4hand.

Jacks

HSC
usually you just attach the assignment cover sheet...you don't really have to do your own. Just make extra copies of the assignment cover sheet at the back of your unit outline and attach that...it has everything on there, you just fill in the details. Were you asked to make your own title page or did you just assume it had to be done?

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
nah like he said do a title page, its worth 1 mark, but 1 mark i need to get coz i wanna transfer and get d, hd n stuf

Jacks

HSC
really that's extremely unusual...I'm guessing this would be as well as having a cover sheet...if not use the cover sheet as a guide...whatever you do apart from that I think would just be up to you...do something relating to your essay topic. I've never had an assignment where we had to do a title page! What subject is this for? As far as transfering goes you only need to get above a credit average...so don't stress over one or two marks...but all the same do the best you can.

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
yeh like its about environment air pollutionz, im stwessing so bad! i got something due on next tuesday and i didnt even start that one coz of this one, i should start now...or i can do it all day tomorrow...i duno how they mark at uni but i just really really wanna do well

Jacks

HSC
each tutor marks differently at uni...but essentially the mark you against the requirements of the assignment, depending on whether you've met them or not. All you can really do is answer the question as well as you know how...be critical if the question calls for it, present different sides of argument is the question allows for this etc. I know how you feel as far as having a line up of assignments goes believe me, we all know what that's like...just to your best, you'll become better equipped to handle it, and know more what to expect as you get some practice. You'll probably get a range of marks, but a couple of bad marks will not ruin your chances of being about to transfer, you can always make up for them :)

Jacks

HSC
well this really depends on the tutor and how much you go over. Technically you are given 10% either above or below and anything more than that gets marks deducted...I'm not sure how many marks but I'm assuming the more you go over, or under the more you'll be marked down. If it's just a little bit under or above usually they don't worry...but pages and pages over, or something like one paragraph etc will be marked down a lot. It really depends also if you are under how well you answer the question, and if you are over how much you repeat, or what is really necessary information. The word limit in this way ties in to other criteria. :)

klh

HSC
crap...for a 2000 word essay, i wrote 3000....thats excessive right?

Jacks

HSC
yeah just a little...you may lose a few marks...but if it's good then you'll be ok...some tutors even only read up to the word limit and stop...so whatever point you made after 2200 words won't be taken into account. Some will read all of it and take a few marks off...some might not care. I can't really say what will happen in your case but as a general rule you really should stay within the word limit, because you are marked on how concise you can be within that word limit. If you have to go over perhaps 1000 words over is just a bit much. Sometimes it's hard but it's really good if you can edit out, say things in a more precise, succinct way...if you've already handed it in just make sure next time you really work to stay within the word limit! ;)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
klh - you blab :p

Dumdida - all of my subjects have required a title page as well as a cover sheet. Cause sometimes the lecturers take the cover sheets off for some sort of record or something. My title pages contained just all the info that was on the cover sheets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)