Ethical Issue... (1 Viewer)

Kukudas

HSC > WOW
HSC
Ok;;
i was doing some indenpendent trial paper to experience some typical twisted syllabus questions.. ^^

and i found this question and i was like ...

Question was asking
Q. Discuss ethical issue arising from vaccination program.

i am pretty sure.. this is not in syllabus.. correct me if i am wrong;;

Could some1 help me with answering this question.. and can questions like this come out in HSC??

THANK YOU

hellopian

HSC
You can discuss how some religions don't believe in the practice of vaccination. Another point would be the exploitation of children/adults as 'research subjects' that is developing vaccinations to basically test upon children/adults - seen as unethical. But then you could also talk about how vaccinations are are essential for survival in some developing countries/communities that are disease-ridden. Another thing that I would discuss is that with all the vaccinations etc. Science is not allowing the process of natural selection, that is, by removing all diseases as soon as they make an appearance, won't allow for mutation in communities, so if a certain variable in the environment were to change, humans would not be able to adapt and would probably lead to extinction. (Hope that makes sense)

There is alot of other stuff you can really discuss, I'm not sure if it is in the syllabus, but my teacher included it in our trial exam, I don't think it is..

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
hellopian said:
You can discuss how some religions don't believe in the practice of vaccination. Another point would be the exploitation of children/adults as 'research subjects' that is developing vaccinations to basically test upon children/adults - seen as unethical. But then you could also talk about how vaccinations are are essential for survival in some developing countries/communities that are disease-ridden. Another thing that I would discuss is that with all the vaccinations etc. Science is not allowing the process of natural selection, that is, by removing all diseases as soon as they make an appearance, won't allow for mutation in communities, so if a certain variable in the environment were to change, humans would not be able to adapt and would probably lead to extinction. (Hope that makes sense)

There is alot of other stuff you can really discuss, I'm not sure if it is in the syllabus, but my teacher included it in our trial exam, I don't think it is..
good answer and good point..didnt see it that way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)