"Every first-year undergraduate for 2013...will receive an iPad" (1 Viewer)

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Also from a student email today:

To assist in your study for 2013, UWS is providing all ongoing students with a $50 text book subsidy for books purchased at uwsconnect. A letter will be mailed to your home address with details on how to obtain your text book subsidy before the start of Autumn session (semester one) 2013.

You may also be aware that the University has announced that all new domestic undergraduate students and ongoing academic staff will receive an Apple iPad in 2013 to support learning and teaching innovations. Information about this initiative is available at: www.uws.edu.au/ipad.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Silly idea, in my opinion. Almost as bad as the DET Laptops.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
I forgot about the laptops.
Seriously in a bad mood now. Should have repeated a grade at school so I could have been handed everything on a silver platter :/

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Lets not forget about doubling up on ELLA/SNAP and NAPLAN, and a bunch of stuff which could have been specific to my school. I'm convinced it was because we were the last cohort to start school in the 20th century.

HSC
N/A
Think of how much it costs an individual to complete a degree. I don't think giving ipads would be effective as "a sweetener" to seal the deal when choosing universities.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Think of how much it costs an individual to complete a degree. I don't think giving ipads would be effective as "a sweetener" to seal the deal when choosing universities.
LOL relative to older undergrads its pretty good

forgot

HSC
Uni Grad
Lets not forget about doubling up on ELLA/SNAP and NAPLAN, and a bunch of stuff which could have been specific to my school. I'm convinced it was because we were the last cohort to start school in the 20th century.
Once again our year was the most disadvantaged ..missed out on everything.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I love the pen and paper - I don't end up playing Angry Birds or FBing in between. Still torn on the idea of giving out iPads, I mean a laptop would make more sense.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Yep.
We were the last to have all the exams (and the first too for some of them) and, for us females, we were the first to have all the vaccinations T_T

HSC
Uni Grad
yup, and the HSC class of 2011 remains as the experimental cohort of australian history

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I fucking bought an iPad for uni, slut.

Also, I hope I fucking get into UWS now (I won't).

Just sell whichever iPad is shitter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)