Everyone who is doing a tertiary preparation course.... (1 Viewer)

dancingskeleton

HSC
I would like to eventually get into the University of Wollongong, doing a Bachelor of Science majoring in Nutrition.

My options are to either go to the university of canberra then transfer, or to get my TPC then apply.

But I'm leaning towards Tafe. SO, I was going to go to the Wollongong Campus, but I rang and found out they do hardly any science. Which isn't that much of a problem, seeing as I only need a mark, but it woul be good if I could spend my time doing relevant things in order to get a mark.

Has anybody gone into sciences using the TPC? or Tafe? And what campuses would be good for me to do science/maths?

At the moment I live in Nowra, but I don't want to hang around here any more. I was hoping to attend tafe in the Illawarra, but Sydney is an option I guess.

i would REALLY appreciate advise.

Or even if you could just tell me about the tertiary preparation course at your campus..

thanks for your time

blerkles

HSC
N/A
Have you looked at doing the freebie CSU Connect course (it's like a Tertiary Prep thing) that guarantees you entry to their distance education Bachelor of Health Science (Food & Nutrition) the following year? It's a food technology course so you would need to do an honours 4th year or Grad Dip/Masters to qualify to be a Clinical Dietitian from memory (Check out the DAA for details).

Either that, or move to Wagga for the full four year on-campus Bachelor of Health Science (Nutrition and Dietetics) - DAA Approved.

dancingskeleton

HSC
if I was going to do another course at UOW and then transfer the next year, I'd just go to Canberra for the first year instead because it would probly be a much better use of time. But I don't mean to be negative, thanks for your advise.

My UAI is 66.6 by the way.

I'm also thinking about Ultimo Tafe. Because I heard it's pretty decent with science /mathsy subjects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)