EVIDENCE? (1 Viewer)

Ritikthegoat

HSC
Does this count as 1 quote/evidence or as multiple:
In the opening scene, close up shots of Billy, his muscles and boxing shoes can be seen while he is constantly jumping on his bed. The close up shots aim to explicitly recognise the motifs carried throughout the film, the shoes and muscle represent the toxic masculinity carried throughout the film and the close up of Billy’s face establishes his innocence as a child and developing his passion of dancing. While he is jumping to the music's diegetic lyrics “I was dancing when I was twelve, Is it too strange to dance so soon”, it suggests to the audience that Billy’s passion for dancing is unorthodox and his dreams challenge the traditional presumption that dancing is only "acceptable for women," anticipating the way in which prejudices will obstruct his quest for identity.

Ritikthegoat

HSC
Does this count as 1 quote/evidence or as multiple:
In the opening scene, close up shots of Billy, his muscles and boxing shoes can be seen while he is constantly jumping on his bed. The close up shots aim to explicitly recognise the motifs carried throughout the film, the shoes and muscle represent the toxic masculinity carried throughout the film and the close up of Billy’s face establishes his innocence as a child and developing his passion of dancing. While he is jumping to the music's diegetic lyrics “I was dancing when I was twelve, Is it too strange to dance so soon”, it suggests to the audience that Billy’s passion for dancing is unorthodox and his dreams challenge the traditional presumption that dancing is only "acceptable for women," anticipating the way in which prejudices will obstruct his quest for identity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)