Exam afterthoughts (1 Viewer)

HSC
did u use T accounts to close them? i did.... not sure if that was of the good - then transferred the T-balances to P/L... and i closed depreciation expense... not sure if that was right...

HSC
hang on so 58.3 Cr was the bank balance?! how cool i think i got that one then
.... then i cocked it up tho by added other crap to it

CrashOveride

HSC
i meant the Cash balance sorry. It was 58.3 DR

i closed the accounts using standard journal entries. Yes, you close depreciatioin expense ( u close any expense coz they are temp accounts)

i found it interesting how we learnt so much stuff and yet they tested so little. so much for learning all that ledgers, posting, blabla

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
scarecrow_of_oz said:
did u use T accounts to close them? i did.... not sure if that was of the good - then transferred the T-balances to P/L... and i closed depreciation expense... not sure if that was right...

I don't see how you would have needed T accounts to close them ... the closing balance was already given (coz it was a trial balance)

lol or am i wayyy off track :s

Tabris

HSC
flyin' said:
That's good ol' first year Accounting (and count yourself lucky you don't have to do both 100/101)...
Yeah 100 and 101 are really for those majoring in accg, but accg isnt your cup of tea in your ECFS Degree u should do 105, from what i hear, 105 is by far easier compared with 101 and 100, maybe its like comparing stat170 with 171

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Tabris said:
Yeah 100 and 101 are really for those majoring in accg, but accg isnt your cup of tea in your ECFS Degree u should do 105, from what i hear, 105 is by far easier compared with 101 and 100, maybe its like comparing stat170 with 171
OR

bba103 as compared to econ110 and econ111

HSC
N/A
Tabris said:
Even the dumbed down version of accg100 (arts105) sucks. Gawd, I hope I pass... provided he marks fairly, I should juusstt pass. What I REALLY couldn't stand was the confounded flipping of pages - information on one side, blank page to write out statements on the other. Not only that, but one page would be printed in landscape whilst the other was in portrait. My neck HATED that exam. And what the heck was up with that "Hocking Duck" MC question?!?!? It's like he forgot to write out on part of the question, it was more or less "there's this place called Hocking Duck, now tell us what their blahblah ratio/whatever is." Like, WHAT?!?!?!

I actually enjoyed my SOC180 exam. I freaked out a little at first, but it really wasn't too bad after all... :) Left quite early, and in a fantastically good mood.

I haven't started studying for BBA111 yet. I should, but I'm currently stuck babysitting (just like yesterday, except this time I'm expecting to have to stay here past midnight... please kill me now!) and comfort food/activities is all I can think of right now. The fail rate is extremely low, and I have great faith in my speed-rote-learning abilities. So long as I pass, I'm happy. :)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Even the dumbed down version of accg100 (arts105) sucks. Gawd, I hope I pass... provided he marks fairly, I should juusstt pass. What I REALLY couldn't stand was the confounded flipping of pages - information on one side, blank page to write out statements on the other. Not only that, but one page would be printed in landscape whilst the other was in portrait. My neck HATED that exam. And what the heck was up with that "Hocking Duck" MC question?!?!? It's like he forgot to write out on part of the question, it was more or less "there's this place called Hocking Duck, now tell us what their blahblah ratio/whatever is." Like, WHAT?!?!?!

I actually enjoyed my SOC180 exam. I freaked out a little at first, but it really wasn't too bad after all... :) Left quite early, and in a fantastically good mood.

I haven't started studying for BBA111 yet. I should, but I'm currently stuck babysitting (just like yesterday, except this time I'm expecting to have to stay here past midnight... please kill me now!) and comfort food/activities is all I can think of right now. The fail rate is extremely low, and I have great faith in my speed-rote-learning abilities. So long as I pass, I'm happy. :)
there's a dumbed down version of accg105? what in the world?!?.... why would someone choose to do it?

its a core for u right?

HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
there's a dumbed down version of accg105? what in the world?!?.... why would someone choose to do it?

its a core for u right?
Yes. *sigh* Although we were told it's a dumbed down version of accg100 (we're following their textbook and basic format), not 105. Believe me, NO CREATIVE ARTS STUDENT IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS WOULD CHOOSE TO DO THIS SUBJECT. It goes against almost everything we stand for!!! *protests*

It's part of the Creative Arts "Business" component, and it's titled "Financial Management for the Creative Arts I". I've also had to do MKTG101 (that was fun, though) and I hear that I'll be doing Human Resource Management for next year's "financial management" core. That should be better... I don't think anything can get much worse than accounting, when you really really hate accounting.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Yes. *sigh* Although we were told it's a dumbed down version of accg100 (we're following their textbook and basic format), not 105. Believe me, NO CREATIVE ARTS STUDENT IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS WOULD CHOOSE TO DO THIS SUBJECT. It goes against almost everything we stand for!!! *protests*

It's part of the Creative Arts "Business" component, and it's titled "Financial Management for the Creative Arts I". I've also had to do MKTG101 (that was fun, though) and I hear that I'll be doing Human Resource Management for next year's "financial management" core. That should be better... I don't think anything can get much worse than accounting, when you really really hate accounting.
wow ur degree rocks btw.. i never really took notice of it before but what an awsome degree to have glitter fairy! :D

as for th core financial stuff u have to do ... lol u poor thing but at least they didn't make u do 105!

trust me im much more of an arts/humanities girl than a business/numbers person and i think its awsome theres a dumbed down versino of accg100... i think the businessy component gives ur degree an extra element of awsomeness.

man why cudnt that have been my core! *sigh* business subjects -> hell

wallid

HSC
in the xam i closed the expense account and revenue account as a whole.. eg

Cr expenses xxxx, Dr Profit and Loss summary xxxx

Dr revenues xxxx, Cr Profit and loss summary xxxx

i didnt close all those accounts individually, but the balances would be the same..

is this still right??

CrashOveride

HSC
u should have listed each account separately that you were closing
eg. Insurance expense CR, random expense CR etc

ReaveR

HSC
clairegirl said:
trust me im much more of an arts/humanities girl than a business/numbers person and i think its awsome theres a dumbed down versino of accg100... i think the businessy component gives ur degree an extra element of awsomeness.

man why cudnt that have been my core! *sigh* business subjects -> hell
I'm sure you wouldn't want to have done 100+101 .. it's better to get it over with just 105 I reckon.

The Nick

McBain
HSC
The Hist 114 essays were pretty easy because they told us the areas (all of them) so you could just choose what you liked. But the last multiple choice question? They asked which 2 of the 14 people in the stupid picture on their course banner were still alive (name one). What the hell kind of question is that! Since when is it possible to examine people's memories of an essay cover sheet?

:mad:
:chainsaw:

Tabris

HSC
That accg101 exam was alright, but i am disappointed that i couldnt get the whole cashflow statement to work properly, i was using the formulas to calculate, but it still didnt balance..........

Apart from that it was ok, but it is very frustrating that it didnt balance. Rest was ok cant believe a 5 mark question warrants 2 and a half pages to write with, only did 1 and a half,

There was another part where they gave u one and a half pages to get 6 lines of concise reporting. But its good to work with extra room, especially with the inventory score cards for LIFO FIFO and moving average

p.r.i.n.c.e.s.s

mademoiselleN
HSC
ACCG101:

The marks allocation and number of pages they gave us for workings for some questions left me a bit perplexed at times - for the SFP external reporting : only wrote 5-6 lines and they gave us 2.5pages for that :S

Other than that, was good :) well, reasonable.

steveagle

HSC
Wow that exam looked perfect when i was reading it, not sure now though.

The SCF got me good despite the fact that i could do them at home, couldnt get it to balance :(

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
it isnt meant to work out all the times, is it not? i remember it didnt work out for last year. when i emailed our lecturer about it not working out (and other things) he never mentioned anything about it having to work out.
also, my friend (a brilliant accountant, HD for both 1A and 1B) didnt work it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)