Exam afterthoughts (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
bba111- yeah it was good

a few that gave me distress but all up shud be good

HSC
N/A
I so totally couldn't have given a damn about BBA111, even before it started. Sorry, BBA111 *pats it*

Although it did turn out to be alright, bangbangbang, colour in the little circles, and it was all over. Thanks to a pre-exam skimming of textbook, I even knew some of the answers this time ;) Clairegirl - yeah, the CA degree is generally muchos awesome. But damn, accounting sucks. From a theoretical perspective, there is NO REASON why we should study accounting from the bank's point of view (in regards to debits etc). Total seriousness. Additionally, there was - and is - a heck of a lot of assumed knowledge which us CA students just don't know.

In my opinion the course should be restructured, it already has a considerable fail rate (it's about 20%, although after considerable 'debating' with this year's batch - we're vocal like that -, he wants to pass us all) and doesn't really teach us anything useful. I figure a more "realistic" approach to accounting as WE would use it in real life would be more beneficial, as well as a few lectures spent on demonstrating how WE come across accounting in our everyday lives - not straight into "now if an accountant does __________, why is it wrong? Who does it affect?" *ends rant*

The_Adonis

HSC
101 bar cash flows was fine, for cash flows it was just like for me to get everything i could that i knew and put it there, should be adequate for a large proportion of marks and told myself not to worry about it balancing.

But yeah, that bad debts quesiton, look at how much space i got and was like "you serious?"

Same with workin out the cost of the asset for depreciation....it was half a page for like 3 lines..

p.r.i.n.c.e.s.s

mademoiselleN
HSC
Sweet Lemon:

I thought about ur "questions about accg101" thread when I was doing the cash flows part with "Proceeds from Sales of shares in bright industries" and "issue of shares" !

I got a bit confused despite knowing the differences :S and had to use the whitener over and over again on the pink paper!

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i reckon! half a pafe for working out the cost of something ... i was like do i need to write more?

i dont think i did well in accg101 :(

Tabris

HSC
Did anyone get the statement of cashflows to balance?

I wrote in the figures which are correct, but i am positive i did soemthign wrong or elft out something, so i left net cash flow incomplete, it didnt balance when i n added it back onto cash at bank

I tried to scrape a few marks by adding in a reconciliation statement and i was way off, hopefully they engative mark if u included something wrong , i jsut wrote in as much as i could that i think it is correct.

It seems to me that they cut and pasted some figures out of textbook from different questions, I think that way it couldnt balance at all? but my friend balanced hers and cashflows should balance shouldnt they? Unless Chris and Susan was fooling us all along

HSC
N/A
redruM said:
dont bash accounting. :eek:
Oh, my issue's more with how they teach it to CA students more than anything else :)

To clarify, when I say "accounting sucks", I'm more or less referring to ARTS105 specifically. :)

steveagle

HSC
Tabris, same thing happened to me. Me and my friend were quite cheerful despite the fact that ours didnt balance. That was until we met another friend who got hers to balance.

Tabris

HSC
As long as Amy doesnt get it balanced i am ok, :)

:rolleyes:

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
p.r.i.n.c.e.s.s said:
Sweet Lemon:

I thought about ur "questions about accg101" thread when I was doing the cash flows part with "Proceeds from Sales of shares in bright industries" and "issue of shares" !

I got a bit confused despite knowing the differences :S and had to use the whitener over and over again on the pink paper!
The proceeds from sale of shares is given in the performance, and bright industries sale of shares seems to be a different figure to the performance one.

issue of shares is for financing activities, changes in Share capital...

p.r.i.n.c.e.s.s

mademoiselleN
HSC
Tabris said:
Did anyone get the statement of cashflows to balance?

cashflows should balance shouldnt they?
*BIG GRIN* Needless to say how excited I was when it did!!!!!!!!!!
Ok. I shouldn't be that excited actually because we studied cash flows briefly last yr when we did accg105.

yeah cash flow should balance unless :
1. there is theft/fraud in real life, falsifying of records etcc.
2. Chris made a typing mistake when setting the question.

CrashOveride

HSC
math133 was pretty easy, but i forgot how to do the vector question and i didnt bother learning group theory but still expecting D.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
RIP DAI *sniffs* (just turned on sigs again today hehe sorry)

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
AsyLum said:
RIP DAI *sniffs* (just turned on sigs again today hehe sorry)
Yeah its really sad, their very last concert is this friday at Nippon Budokan...damn never got the chance to see them live :(

Theyre all off doing new projects now, but i dont think it will be the same...i miss the old DAI days.

*listens to 陽のあたる坂道*

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)