Exam/Study Rituals? (1 Viewer)

licia

HSC
ok i dont know about everyone else but ive heard few rituals people have before an exam....
e.g sleeping with a textbook under their pillow, 12hours of study, 3 coffees the morning before, wearing everything religious they can find for an exam.....

and for some reason ive gotten into the habit of craving coke and/or chocolate ALL THE TIME!!!! me thinks im dependent.... :uhoh:

Soooooooo wat habits have ya'all picked up?

Last edited:

Jessisbored

HSC
i have a little mascot that sits on my desk for good luck...if thats what you mean? Except he's kinda big lol so ive left him at home lately coz he doesnt leave me anough space to write on my desk. Oh and i avoid intimidating ppl who say 'do you know everything?' and 'omg whats this!!' 2 seconds b4 the exam when its irrelevant and want to scare you which is stupid

licia

HSC
hehe thanks for replying i was feeling very unloved!

yeah i know the sorta ppl ur talkin bout...
like this time before a maths exam in prelim was like shiiiiiit ppl teach me stuff!!! and like this chick (who was at the top of the class) was showing me how to "do" a question, spent like 25 mins showing me and she PURPOSEFULLY told me the wrong random way of doing it! i was soooooooo pissed off! ive reverted to listening 2 music before i go into an exam..... i generally try 2 get a fast paced one in my head so i work quicker.... :p

wats ur mascot?

Skeeta

HSC
cheeseburgers are your friend... after every exam we've gone to the local maccas
i swear they know us by name now

i started taking my "lucky coin" to exams (simply $2 i found on a day everything was crap.. made my day) annyway it stopped when a made wanted a mars bar..went thru my bag and put it in a vending machine... that was the end of that

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
Jessisbored said:
i have a little mascot that sits on my desk for good luck...if thats what you mean? Except he's kinda big lol so ive left him at home lately coz he doesnt leave me anough space to write on my desk. Oh and i avoid intimidating ppl who say 'do you know everything?' and 'omg whats this!!' 2 seconds b4 the exam when its irrelevant and want to scare you which is stupid
i decided to study with the radio off this time round....unlike in the trials...and so far its worked...also i bring with me 2 items which i rekon have given me good luck....my chain with a cross on it and my 7250i ;)

Fungrys

*lookin for wgong maccas*
HSC
Im gonna start bringing a Qual (or whatever its called... some orange NZ bird) that I got in a YOWI... which I won from those claw machine things...

:D

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
I wear a little brooch I got when I was born...its of a christmas angel. And I have my water bottle on the left side of my desk and pens and stuff on the right side. I get up at 6am the day of a morning exam and cram until 7.30am. Then I feel sick. I do some deep breathing for 30mins...I have to otherwise I'll have panic attacks. Then I go to school and am almost ALWAYS laughing until I walk into the examination room and it hits me...

Why is it I only started studying a week a go for this? Heheheeheh :D

Ovenmit

KMD
HSC
i find this hilarious. my mum bought be a whole bunch of shit to cope with hsc pressure and stress including this yr 12 survival guide and some little supportive cards to keep me out of depression: "My life gets more fabulous every day. I look forward to what each new hour brings." roflz..

then before the exams start she got me a little bag with a couple of weird rocks.. when i refused to take them to school she was like "RRAAAARRGH!!!! UR TAKIN EM BBLAHBLHA blah blah", and before i step out of the house she would pour a cup of water for me to walk on on the path to front gate.

the weird thing was, i forgot those stupd rocks at home before 2u maths and then i got owned.. for all my other exams, i had rocks in my front pocket and caned them all good, especially eco which i didnt study for.

talk about magical rocks ahah.. man this is the extent to which our parents can care about us. no matter how stupd i think it all is, i really gotta admire my mum for that sort of support. ^^

Giant Lobster

HSC
Feng shui mate feng shui!!

Must sit in a way as to harness the positive chi from the north, whilst channeling the negative chi towards that fucken nerd <name> tryhard fucker that studies 12 hrs / day but still cant beat you.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i have a glass of red the night b4 the exam.

i also have a cross that i keep in my bag, and i wish every1 good luck, even if i hate them.

..:MizJay:..

Super Supre Member
HSC
i wear my silver and diamond cross my boyf bought me at the beginning of the year, and the morning of AOS mum gave me her rose gold chain with a cross on it that dad bought her when she was away doing her diploma. she managed to get all high distinctions through it, but we'll see how i go!

but yeh i wear them both and just pray and stuff.. drink coffee and thats all! oh one more thing ive got these little colourful boxes i put various pens, highlighters etc in on my desk at home. i take the pink one to the exam with all my stuff in it hehe it relaxes me.. good old pink box hahaha

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I take my shoes off during all of my exams. It tends to be more comfortable.

persephone

HSC
i bring in rosary beads. i don't pray. they're just to remind me that worse could happen. that and i don't own a crucifix

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)