exam: which artists? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
(Not class of '05 so this is off topic... although I'd really like to ask)

If any of you doing the VA Exam have a chance to take the examination paper out of the exam room, would any of you be able to post it up here on BOS? Obviously for yourselves so you can refer back to it while discussing how you went, but also so the class of '06 are able to get a look at the paper sooner rather than later.... and get a general idea of what it was like. Section II especially.

Thanks very much guys. And of course - best of luck for tomorrow morning!

Keep cool :cool:

cate_7x

HSC
I'm looking at Titian, Manet and Morimura
Then Stelarc, Sherman and Zahalka

Hoping those will cover one of the essays...

chamelia

HSC
Just Frida Kahlo and Gordon Bennett, I can adapt them to at least two Section II q's in every hsc paper so far and all yearly, half yearly, trials exams. I'd rather go into a lot of detail then bring up points about a number of diff artists. Less brain strain and confusion.

helenpoo

HSC
I've got Patricia Piccinini (I hope I got the right amount of ins in there =/) and Gordon Bennet. Also reading up on Fiona Hall, Julie Rrap and mambo. Did Frida Kahlo a while ago, I could probably manage something with her if all else fails o_o

Freaking out :D

I'd post up the exam but my art teacher wants it straight after. I'm sure someone'll have it though.

Ichiban Ichigo

HSC
Bill Hensons, Caravaggio, Yasumasa Morimura and Koons are my artists. Over all the last papers I've been able to adapt them well to the different questions especially Morimura.

Lets just hope we all do well today ^_^

penciltron

HSC
i used clinton nain, francisco goya and aubrey beardsley..used them for Q5.

trina233

oh..hahaha
HSC
nearly over!

Thank god thats over!
well.. it all went pretty ok for me. I did ques Degas statement ques, and used Picasso, Henson and Kahlo, i was going to use Morimura, but didn't have time to add him n. You know they should definitley extend that exam to 2hours. Who agrees?
ahh well, now i only have drama tommorow and a huge *binging celebration over the weekend, fuck yes!

*note; binging in my context is drinking moderatley, yet in excess amounts.. lol
have a great break everyone!

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
etc. etc. etc. said:
(Not class of '05 so this is off topic... although I'd really like to ask)

If any of you doing the VA Exam have a chance to take the examination paper out of the exam room, would any of you be able to post it up here on BOS? Obviously for yourselves so you can refer back to it while discussing how you went, but also so the class of '06 are able to get a look at the paper sooner rather than later.... and get a general idea of what it was like. Section II especially.

Thanks very much guys. And of course - best of luck for tomorrow morning!

Keep cool :cool:

I can't scan the pictures up - have no scanner but I'll give you guys section II from 2005 paper.

PRACTICE

question 2 (25 marks)

Examine how popular perceptions of the artist as hero, or misfit influence artistic practice.

OR

question 3 (25 marks)

Explain how the artist's knowledge and use of materials have determined the outcome of their practice.

OR

question 4 (25 marks)

"Exhibitions manage your emotions"
Griselda Pollock, art historian

Discuss this statement. using examples from exhibitions, and/or collections you have studied.

CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK

question 5 (25 marks)

"The artist does not draw what he sees, but what he has tomake others see"
Edgar Degas (1834-1917) artist

Examine how artists represent their world.

OR

question 6 (25 marks)

Artists are no longer the makers of their art but have become the managers and coordinators.

Argue a case for or against this statement using artists, and/or achitects, and/or designers, and/or filmmakers.

OR

question 7 (25 marks)

Analyse the role of audinces in the changing reputation and significance of artists and their works over time.

In your answer you could consider "audience" to include the public, critics, and/or historians, patrons, sponsors and curators.

FRAMES

question 8 (25 marks)

Cultural identity is contructed and challenged by stereotypes.

Evaulate this statement, referring to artists and/or designers and/or filmmakers and/or other practitioners.

OR

question 9 (25 marks)

Explain how the understading of the audience can differ from the intentions of the artist.

OR

question 10 (25 marks)

Using the structural and cultural frmaes, interpret the work of an artist you have studied.

This was the whole of section II for the 2005 visual arts paper. Don't know why some paper's have different questions.

We never had the Dick Swallows question. oh well.

James87

Club Mac - 1st Year 2006!
HSC
I did:
Salvidor Dali
Jackson Pollock
Mike Parr
Bill Henson

Nothing too unknown :)

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Thanks so much duckofdoom! REALLY appreciate it! :D

How nice is that question 10 ! At least if you were lost with the rest, you could easily answer that one.

HSC
N/A
duckofdoom said:
This was the whole of section II for the 2005 visual arts paper. Don't know why some paper's have different questions.

We never had the Dick Swallows question. oh well.
Every paper has the same questions. From what I've read, 1b was on the artist Richard (Ricky) Swallow. They're just shortening Richard to Dick and making jokes about it in combination with that last name :p

kristie87

HSC
I did Frida Kahlo, Sidney Nolan, Andy Warhol, and Rosalie Gascoigne.

And I think I did Question 5.

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
etc. etc. etc. said:
Every paper has the same questions. From what I've read, 1b was on the artist Richard (Ricky) Swallow. They're just shortening Richard to Dick and making jokes about it in combination with that last name :p

I see now. :)

I don't have my head in the gutter like some people. :p lol.

I would never of picked up on it.

Oh yeah, I used Bill Henson, Gorden Bennet, Piet Mondrian and Jackson Pollock.

irnie

life is a dance floor
HSC
hmmm.... i decided in the end to use two artworks, two movements + two philosophies:

rachel whiteread: "house"
ron mueck: "pregnant woman"
surrealism + freud's philosophies
relational art + marx' philosophy

and i did Q5.

runboynick

I did Andy Warhol, Jackson Pollock, and Damien Hirst. It must be hard for you guys to focus on more then 3. I managed to write 14 pages on the three referring to at least 2 artworks from each artists. Talked about- 'Blue Poles', 'Autumn Rhythm', 'Green Coca Cola Bottles', 'Gold Marilyn Monroe', 'The physical impossibbilities of death in the mind of someone living' and 'A thousand Years'- all for question number 7 on conceptual framework.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)