Exchange (1 Viewer)

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
You have not found out where you are being nominated? or do you mean you have not found out that the nominated uni has accepted you or not?

Its such an annoying process isnt it. It is so hard to plan when things are uncertain. *goes crazy*

Oh wait stazi sorry i just saw you were a USYD student. i suppose the question still applies :) Where are you wanting to go?

Btw Acid the UC system is strange. You have to nominate universities within it. So even if you nominate berkeley and UCLA you may end up at another uni in the californian system. Check with the exchange office for info. The UC process turned me off as i didnt really want to go to anywhere except UCLA or Berkeley.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
both. im pretty sure ill be nominated and get a scholarship as my marks are very high, though.
ANd yes, I'm in the same boat UC system is the same as the UNC system :( I'm not accepting anything barr Chapel Hill.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yes, that's a very high wam for the usyd eco & bus faculty.
average mark given out in any assessment for most subjects lies around 65. 15 marks higher than that is very high.

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
both. im pretty sure ill be nominated and get a scholarship as my marks are very high, though.
ANd yes, I'm in the same boat UC system is the same as the UNC system :( I'm not accepting anything barr Chapel Hill.

Oh really? as far as i know we can only go to UNC-CH in the NC system.

It was my third choice.

Good luck! i hope you get to go where you want :) It is so tough trying to work out where to go via websites. Every uni says its wonderful of course heh.

I am a bit worried about the workloads. I dont want to be stuck with my nose in a book the whole time.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah i think u guys have an actual agreement with UNC-CH.
I spoke to students and looked at uni review sites to decide my first preference

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
Yeh i looked at lots of sites and reviews too. My first preference was Texas on the basis of it appearing to be not to stressful academically and a good party. It seems a lot of people shared my attraction to it heh.

UNC-CH looks really pretty! I have heard that the food leaves much to be desired though. Oh well we cant have it all i suppose. When do you think you will hear? are you supposed to be going second half of this year?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
UNC-CH was my first pref because it had
1) Relatively high prestige
2) High quality academia
3) Great party life
4) I have never encountered people so passionate about their uni (from talking to them online)

I'm going 2nd half. I'll pop to the international office tomorrow, as ive got summer school anyway :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)