Executions in IRAN (1 Viewer)

elliottdale

HSC
Recently in Iran boys are being executed for being gay, post your thoughts after reading the article.

Boys executed for being gay

On Monday 19 July, Mahmoud Asgari aged 16 and Ayaz Marhoni aged 18 were hanged in Edalat (Justice) Square in the city of Mashhad, in north east Iran.

The teenagers admitted to having gay sex, probably under torture, but claimed in their defence that their crime was common and they were not aware it was punishable by death.

The Islamic fundamentalist regime in Iran enforces Sharia law, which dictates the death penalty for gay sex: variously including hanging, stoning, beheading or dropping from a high place like a tall building or cliff-top.

Prior to their execution, the teenage boys were held in prison for 14 months and severely beaten.

Their length of detention suggests that they committed the so-called offences more than a year earlier, when Mahmoud was 15 and Ayaz was 17. In other words, both youths were minors at the time of the offence. Ruhollah Rezazadeh, the lawyer of the youngest boy (16), had appealed that he was too young to be executed and that the court should take into account his tender age. He was quoted by the IRIN news agency as saying that the judiciary had trampled on its own laws, explaining that the Iranian courts usually commute death sentences on children to five year jail.

Despite his pleas, the Supreme Court in Tehran ordered Mahmoud to be hanged.

Under the Iranian penal code, girls as young as nine and boys as young as 15 can be hanged.

The allegation that the boys raped a 13 year old may be a trumped up charge to undermine public sympathy for the youths. The Iranian regime often resorts to smears and false allegations to discredit people it has executed and to undermine human rights campaigns.

It could be that the 13 year old was a willing participant but that Iranian law (like the laws of many western nations) deems that no person aged 13 is capable of sexual consent and that therefore even consensual sexual contact is automatically deemed in law to be statutory rape.

"Iran is a fascist-style tyranny based on a fundamentalist version of Islam. We join with progressive Muslims to denounce the fundamentalists and to support democratic and left Iranians striving to topple the Ayatollahs."

"Without an end to the fundamentalist regime, there can never be justice for LGBT people, women, trade unionists and minority religions and nationalities in Iran."

"The lack of liberal and left support for the victims of the Iranian tyranny is truly shocking. We deplore the absence of international solidarity with Iranians fighting for freedom," concluded Mr Lock.

"We are not prepared to give the violently homophobic Iranian government the benefit of the doubt. It has previously lied to justify public executions. In any case, the death penalty is a disproportionate punishment. It is barbaric and should be abolished," added Mr Isalam.

The use of torture is routine in Iran. These two boys were violently abused in prison, receiving more than 200 lashes.

"Three other young gay Iranians are being hunted by the police in connection with the same so-called crime. They have gone into hiding and cannot be found. If caught, they will probably also face execution", said Mr Saeed.

Five cities in the US and Europe will stage protests against the execution of two teenage boys in Iran on charges involving homosexual acts.

Dublin, San Francisco, London, Paris and Montpelier will join forces on Thursday 11 August 2005 to oppose Iran's use of the death penalty and its persecution of lesbian, gay and bisexual people.

The London protest will be from 1pm to 2pm held at the Embassy of Iran, 16 Prince's Gate, London SW7 (near the Royal Albert Hall, by the junction of Kensington Road and Exhibition Road)

Fact: Iran executes lesbians and gays. The Iranian government has executed 4,000 homosexuals since 1979, according to estimates in the mid-1990s by the exiled Iranian gay rights group, Homan.

Fact: The Iranian government often pins false charges on the victims of its murderous policies in order to discredit them and discourage public protests.

Please email, phone, fax and write your protests to the Iranian Ambassador:

Tel: 020 7225 3000
Fax: 020 7589 4440
info@iran-embassy.org.uk

Iranian Ambassador
Embassy of Iran
16 Prince's Gate
London SW7 1PT

TA DALE

Napstar

Banned
HSC
tats horible! but if the govenment didnt do it, god wood have 2 wenn they got 2 heaven coos they sinned.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
fuck you're an idiot! you dont even understand your own religion!

god doesnt execute people for sinning fool. everyone is a sinner, including you wish according to your theory, u would be executed by god aswell. i am gonna laugh when u die and go to heaven, and realise there are homosexuals everywhere, because although it is deemed a sin by the bible, its not like its an unforgiveable sin and everyone, even the pope sins and his sins must be forgiven for him to go to heaven, just like any homosexuals who will be forgiven.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes the ayatollah needs to be topped.
It's a society where women will be stoned (sometimes to death) if they reveal their skin in public.

But what can you do...its like asking Kim Jong Il to disarm himself of nuclear weapons

(My father is Iranian btw)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
walrusbear said:
i'm guessing all the responses so far are jokes?
No if you look at their other posts in different threads they were serious.

blackbunny: Vaccinations are unnatural, as is cars and formal education. Meanwhile homosexuality is very much evident within the natural world.

rink: Without stereotyping homosexuals, tell me how homosexuals corrupt society.

Last edited:

tempco

HSC
taken from a post i had previously posted up:

these matters are obviously not taken lightly, and there is a specific process (involving shari'ah courts, four witnesses must have witnessed the act, or through a confession by the accused, innocent until proven guilty, etc) that must be followed in order for such a verdict to be given out.

just for interests sake - homosexuality itself is not a punishable offence (even though it is still an offence). the sexual acts involved are punishable. again, witnesses are required to prove that the act occured, and it is taken into consideration whether or not the offender is married/single.

e.g. a married man has sex with another married man (this is considered as adultery, under islamic law). if proven, the verdict depends - one school of thought states that both of them must be beaten, and if they perform that act again, they are put to death. another school of thought states that they are both killed. if a married man/woman has sex with a single man/woman, the married man is put to death, while the single man/woman is whipped 100 times. if they are both single, both are whipped 100 times.

again, i emphasise that if there is even an atom of doubt (in the judge's mind, i think), the punishment is forgone. four witnesses are required to have seen the actual act (the requirement of this is roughly translated as having seen "a thread going through the eye of a needle" - the actual penetration must be witnessed).
from my understanding of the shariah (which is extremely lacking, btw), and from what i understand from the article, they should not have been executed. it doesn't mention anything about either of them being married, so they should have been whipped (assuming their self-confession was not forced), and not hanged. just from this example, it's quite clear how corrupt and despotic the iranian government is.

in islam, there is no "teenager" or "minor". you're an adult as soon as you reach puberty.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
The allegation that the boys raped a 13 year old may be a trumped up charge to undermine public sympathy for the youths. The Iranian regime often resorts to smears and false allegations to discredit people it has executed and to undermine human rights campaigns.

It could be that the 13 year old was a willing participant but that Iranian law (like the laws of many western nations) deems that no person aged 13 is capable of sexual consent and that therefore even consensual sexual contact is automatically deemed in law to be statutory rape.
The "trumped up charge" comment isn't backed up at all in the article, they don't even bother to mention analagous cases. How does anyone know for sure whether the charges were trumped up or not? Regardless of whether the 13 y/o boy consented or not, the two other boys raped him. To me, while I can't say anything for sure since the article seems like a load of wank, there does seems to be a bit more here than an execution of two boys for committing homosexual acts.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
What's the big deal? :rolleyes:
Every country has its own set of laws and its citizens are expected to obey them. Just the same how it's legal to have drugs in the Netherlands but the same thing will land you a hefty jail sentence if not death in Indonesia.

Or that I don't have to wear seatbelt when driving in America, but in Australia that's highly illegal. So what? Different country, different law.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Its "worse" in China.

(2000th post!)

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
anti-mathmite said:
Whilst I am against people being executed for acts of homosexuality, i am not against arabs being executed for acts of homosexuality, as that is just grotty. I compare it to beastiality, and they are not good enough to be gay in the western sense of it.

I mean, imagine two arab men rooting each other up the arse.. Ewwww!
Just to be Captain Obvious for a change, you obviously like the thought of non-'arab' men sexing?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Dont blame the middle-east for your repressed homosexuality

julius

Banned
HSC
The more you deny it, the more it's true. There are gays in Britain too you know.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Hmmm lets see..whats more disgusting..

Execution...

Or the thought of a male removing his penis covered in faecal matter... :cool:

There's no point arguing over homosexuality. Peoples views will not be swayed, and the fact remains that there is no right or wrong. Good on the Muslim Iranians for being proactive and standing up for what they believe. Maybe we should do the same here except with known or potential Islamic extremists... :rolleyes:

walrusbear

HSC
neo_o said:
You complain and yet you just keep on posting. You're always very quick to shoot down other peoples opinions (whether valid and backed up or not) quite quickly with a rather meaningless one liner. I haven't seen you make very many constructive posts at all.
what is there to say?
obviously killing people for being homosexuality is awful

i was kinda waiting for someone to say something interesting instead i see a lot of homophobic crap.

i think you're overstating this case though? i'll usually offer a reason for criticising someone's post. i figured in this case the stuff posted was obviously silly.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
walrusbear said:
i'm not promoting ignorant and stupid opinions
And people may think the same of yours...
Opinions are just that. Not facts but views of an individual, that may not be technically 'correct' but validated by there own values and morals. Just because you think that homosexuality is acceptable does not mean that someone who doesnt is an 'idiot' or 'ignorant'... they have beliefs and that is the great luxury of our 'free' society..

walrusbear

HSC
before i become victimised here, may i point out that my posts were in response to this:

pastposts said:
tats horible! but if the govenment didnt do it, god wood have 2 wenn they got 2 heaven coos they sinned.

All gay people need to be eliminated from this world one way or another. Iran laws are a good start homosexuality is not natural

Very true black bunny. I think the Iranian laws are great. Homosexuality should be eliminated in all it's forms. It's absolutely disgusting, unnatural, uncivilised and it corrupts society
your mum is "worse"...
Whilst I am against people being executed for acts of homosexuality, i am not against arabs being executed for acts of homosexuality, as that is just grotty. I compare it to beastiality, and they are not good enough to be gay in the western sense of it.

I mean, imagine two arab men rooting each other up the arse.. Ewwww!

It's the law over there in almost every muslim country (if not death, then imprisonement is the punishment) and whilst it's like that, there is not much that can be done.

Hmmm lets see..whats more disgusting..
Execution...Or the thought of a male removing his penis covered in faecal matter...

There's no point arguing over homosexuality. Peoples views will not be swayed, and the fact remains that there is no right or wrong. Good on the Muslim Iranians for being proactive and standing up for what they believe. Maybe we should do the same here except with known or potential Islamic extremists...

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i give it 6yrs before America invades Iran. iam not saying it as a pro america thing nor is it ant america. With the Iranian build up of weopons, and their extremist veiws on things [ execution for homosexuality for example] i have no doubt that the Iranian government will be seen as a threat that will need to be elliminated. i say 6yrs because thats about how long it is estimated to take for them to have a fully functional nuclear launch facility, or something... so basically they are trying to get nukes, or they allreayd have them and want to be able to launch them.... i.e a major threat.

i think its a good idea to take them out, but just because our interests will coincide with Americas on this particular issue of security, does not mean that America is right, or will allways be right in their policy of destroy anything that could be a threat [ cuban missile crisis anyone?]

this could be used as a spark to launch a peacekeeping mission for humanitarian issues or some such other bullshit excuse, but i really dont think America will attack until Iraq has calmed down. When Iraw was initially attacked i saw it as a good idea, because a co-operative Iraq would mean a nice easy open gateway to Iran- the real threat.

dont kid yourselves boys and girls, Iraq was of almost no threat to us... the real enemy is Iran

walrusbear

HSC
frog12986 said:
And people may think the same of yours...
Opinions are just that. Not facts but views of an individual, that may not be technically 'correct' but validated by there own values and morals. Just because you think that homosexuality is acceptable does not mean that someone who doesnt is an 'idiot' or 'ignorant'... they have beliefs and that is the great luxury of our 'free' society..
thanks for explaining some vague ideas of subjectivity and relativism to me frog

my view, as an individual as validated by my own values and morals, is that people who believe homosexuals should be punished are idiotic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)