Experienced HSC Maths Tutor [[UNSW Deans List]] (1 Viewer)

z3288301

HSC
My name is Kevin and I’m offering private tutoring service to HSC students for mathematics. I graduated from Sydney Technical High School in 2008 and was consistently first for Mathematics Ext 2. I’m currently enrolled in B Commerce (Actuarial Studies)/ B Science (Mathematics) at UNSW. In recognition for my academic achievement in 2009 i have been placed into the 2010 Faculty of Science Dean's List. This is a list of about 50 students (over 4000 students in the science faculty and only a fraction of the 50 are majoring in mathematics) and represents the highest level of undergraduate achievement. I've accumulated 2 years of experience tutoring privately as well as for a tutoring centre. I believe that with my knowledge and experience i will be able to assist you if you are currently finding mathematics difficult or if you want to excel even further in the course.

My Credentials

Ext1 Mathematics: 98
Ext2 Mathematics: 98

UNSW Mathematics Courses

Semester 1 2009
MATH1081 Discrete Mathematics: 93 HD
MATH1151 Mathematics for Actuarial Studies and Finance 1A: 91 HD

Semester 2 2009
MATH1251 Mathematics for Actuarial Studies and Finance 1B: 94 HD
COMP1911 Computing 1: 88 HD (problem solving)

Semester 1 2010
MATH2081 Theory of Statistics: 90 HD
MATH2111 Higher Several Variable Calculus: HD (actual mark not published due to NTEU strike)

Here’s a list of textbooks I own. Note that the 3 unit textbooks also cover 2 unit topics and the university textbooks listed have many chapters that are relevant to the HSC courses.

2unit
• Fitzpatrick 2 Unit
3unit
• Fitzpatrick 3 Unit
• Cambridge 3 Unit (both year 11 and year 12)
• Coroneos 3 Unit supplement
4unit
• Fitzpatrick 4 Unit
• Cambridge 4 Unit
• S.K Patel 4 Unit
• Terry Lee 4 Unit
University Textbooks
• Calculus One & Several Variables
• Discrete Mathematics with Applications (covers permutations, combinations, probability and proof by induction)
• Proof in Mathematics: An Introduction (covers ‘prove that’ and ‘show that’ style of questions)
• Principles of Actuarial Science (probability)

Location: Campsie/Burwood/Strathfield/Hurstville (other areas are negotiable but may involve an additional travel cost)

Please email me at hscmathematics@gmail.com if you’re interested.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)