Experiment Write up? (1 Viewer)

cwongquer

HSC
My Chem/Bio teacher (she teaches me for both..) says we need to know how to write up the method for experiments in the form of a flowchart..
Is this true? I personally think not, but I need more opinions..

iMAN2

HSC
N/A
You need to know how to draw a flowchart. She is correct in that.
Seperating products from proccesses and inputs.

We had to do a flowchart for our physics prac and no-one got full marks for it.

When you're doing a practical you should understand what the purpose of you doing it is, and also know how to do each practical. A good way of memorising this is practicing going through the prac in your head. Also when u draw a diagram of the setup it will help you remember what materials are required (or vice versa for some) and so also make you initiate your memory of the method.

cwongquer

HSC
You need to know how to draw a flowchart. She is correct in that.
Seperating products from proccesses and inputs.

We had to do a flowchart for our physics prac and no-one got full marks for it.

When you're doing a practical you should understand what the purpose of you doing it is, and also know how to do each practical. A good way of memorising this is practicing going through the prac in your head. Also when u draw a diagram of the setup it will help you remember what materials are required (or vice versa for some) and so also make you initiate your memory of the method.
Has it EVER been asked in the HSC though? I haven't seen it requested on any of the past exam papers, I've never seen diagrams requested to be drawn, only how to extract information from a flowchart. I've only seen lined paper under a question, which is based on theory.
It just seems a waste of time... The flowchart for the method of a prac takes very long to draw up, and time is precious in exams.

DInfinity

Ad Infinitum
HSC
It is useful for processes that are rather complicated (such as extraction of aluminium from bauxite). It gives a clearer represenation of what is happening and the products. Wouldn't hurt to know how to do. I think we had a question like that in our prelim half-yearly, not too sure on that one. It was either that or in some assignment.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Has it EVER been asked in the HSC though? I haven't seen it requested on any of the past exam papers, I've never seen diagrams requested to be drawn, only how to extract information from a flowchart. I've only seen lined paper under a question, which is based on theory.
It just seems a waste of time... The flowchart for the method of a prac takes very long to draw up, and time is precious in exams.
a very fatal mistake, dont ever think that, ever, or you will fuck up

i could do everything in all the past chem papers, and i walked into this yrs test and got raped by the shit test, thats luck for you, all the shit i had studied were fukin one mark questions in multichoice and none of the second hand research questions came up in the short answers

Last edited:

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
I've never had a teacher/tutor tell me to write the method in a flow chart :S

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I have, but i've never come across a HSC/trial/half yearly question asking me to.

Of course you never know so just prepare for everything. Flowcharts aren't hard anyway :)

iMAN2

HSC
N/A
We had to do it in year 11 and had it in our yr 12 practical for phys. Because it hasn't been assessed yet so even more the chance it mite come in the hsc :)

cwongquer

HSC
We had to do it in year 11 and had it in our yr 12 practical for phys. Because it hasn't been assessed yet so even more the chance it mite come in the hsc :)
Have they ever asked anyone to draw up a diagram in a HSC exam?
I get it now that theres a huge chance it might come up in the hsc..
But do they ever get you to draw diagrams? O_O

a very fatal mistake, dont ever think that, ever, or you will fuck up

i could do everything in all the past chem papers, and i walked into this yrs test and got raped by the shit test, thats luck for you, all the shit i had studied were fukin one mark questions in multichoice and none of the second hand research questions came up in the short answers

Dude, why would you only study multichoice!? Of course you'd get raped!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)