Ext1maths Vs Advanced Maths (1 Viewer)

poOcaliciOus

HSC
i was just wondering ..

if im doing 11 units and only the top 10 units count, then if my extension1 maths is my worst subject then it wont count right?

then would you recommend me to keep 3u because it might scale me up or something?

or drop 3u and just do better in my other subjects?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
This type of decision is hard for someone else to make other than you.

The main things you need to realise is

<li> By keeping it, will it take up a lot of your study time for your other subjects?
<li> When you say worst subject, how bad is bad?

It's possible that in the end your extension 1 maths might count, but do you think it will have affect your other subjects timewise. Because in the end, if it doesn't count, then you would of wasted a lot of time studying for a subject that didn't count.

But on the other hand, it's possible that 3u maths could help pull you up if you do well enough in it.

poOcaliciOus

HSC
AHH.. its so stresssing .. i wanted to make up my mind by the end of the term so i could start off next year fresh. but we're getting our 3u exam marks back next year so i dont know what to do!!

but last year i pretty much failed 3u.. how good is good enough?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
It depends really on how badly you did in MEX1 and how committed you are to raising your mark. If you don't want to do the subject, drop it. If you do, however, want to put the effort in and lift your mark, keep it for as long as you can. That's probably the best advice I can give.

I_F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)