"Extension 1" unit not count to UAI?? (1 Viewer)

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
Hi, this is a question me and my friends thought should really be answered since it's damn confusing!

since the UAI onto counts with ure best 10 units, how on earth is the 1 unit in 3 unit maths sposed to count????

five 2 unit subjects take 10 units.....so theres no way the 1 unit for 3 unit maths would be able to count....unless they like half a 2 unit subject :\ so even if u get 100% in the 3rd unit they wouldnt count it cos then u'll most likely get 11 units!

can any1 explain??? cos if the 3rd unit is like guaranteed not count then not much point in doing it

thanks

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
cbadvanced said:
Hi, this is a question me and my friends thought should really be answered since it's damn confusing!

since the UAI onto counts with ure best 10 units, how on earth is the 1 unit in 3 unit maths sposed to count????

five 2 unit subjects take 10 units.....so theres no way the 1 unit for 3 unit maths would be able to count....unless they like half a 2 unit subject :\ so even if u get 100% in the 3rd unit they wouldnt count it cos then u'll most likely get 11 units!

can any1 explain??? cos if the 3rd unit is like guaranteed not count then not much point in doing it

thanks
yep, to put it simply, they will take half of the scaled mark from your lowest 2 unit subject.

monique66

wow, you have been misinformed. The way that it works is they count your BEST 10 units. If you perform better in a 1 unit course they divide your worst 2 unit course up and only take 1 unit of it to contribute to your UAI. Simple as that, basically if you perform (hypothetically) best in ext1 maths and worst in english, they'll take the maths and divide your engligh. That gives u the highest UAI possible. Hope that answers your question. :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
um to extend on what damnation has said they take your best 10 units and each unit is assigned a mark out of 50 for each individual unit, the majority of courses are worth 2 units so each of that you recieve 2 units with the score you acieve for this subject, where as a 1 unit subject will supply you with *one* mark out of 50. Imbedded in this requirement is another- your best 2 units of english get counted as part of your uai, regardless of the course. ie my best two units of english may be advanced english 41/50 and ext 2 english 42/50 for example, which would exclude the second unit of advanced english as my *best * 2 units, even though english advanced is a 2 unit course.

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
o i c now :D

thanks

but 1 thing...wen they "divide" the 2 unit subjects
e.g. u get like 60% in lets say Bio....does that mean wen they cut it in half u only got 30%??? :\

thanks again

monique66

each 2 unit subject is out of 100, so when they cut it in half you get 30/50 :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)