Extension English 1 (1 Viewer)

Chewy Panda

HSC
Hey guys, I have an Extension English speech due next week and I haven't chosen a related text... I know, I'm screwed right? Anyway the question is:

"What does your related text reveal about the conventions and ideas inherent in Crime Fiction?"

Can someone tell me a GOOD related text that I can learn in a few days to a week max.
Thanks =D

bored of sc

HSC
What is the prescribed text??

Um, any crime fiction text you can find should work fine due to the very general nature of the question. Google - "crime fiction texts".

law

HSC
N/A
Those inspector series are pretty good to analyse (frost/morse/lewis) or you could try looking at novels by Steve Temple, esp. "The Broken Shore".

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John Le Carre

My favourite book. :)

The Kaiser

HSC
Murder Rooms: The Dark Beginnings of Sherlock Holmes (or pretty much anything to do with Sherlock Holmes)

Use of tension and suspense by vivid visual imagery or music creates a foreboding atmosphere... (something to that extent) Usually, the theme of Good vs Evil etc

(It would have been easier for me if it had been Science Fiction)

Chewy Panda

HSC
Thx a lot guys :D But the good AND bad news is that we don't hav to include the prescribed text..which is skull beneath the skin fyi

iCpurplehippos

HSC
The Life and Crimes of Harry Lavender by Marele Day. I'm not sure if it's a good book for your speech though. The conventions of a crime fiction is kind of subverted in this novel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)