Extension Englsih 1 (1 Viewer)

MonkEA

HSC
Extension English 1

who is doing it and what are you doing in it?

Last edited:

TBK11

HSC
im not sure what im doin anymore lol my teacher is on leave for ex1 so atm its been No ex1 lessons haha

speedofsound

HSC
I actually have absolutely no idea. My teacher just talks about values all lesson.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
its my favourite subject, thus far
at the moment were doing values/context/intertextuality/appropriation, haven't started any texts though.
i think were going to be doing gothic horror genre
in year 12 were doing 'after the bomb'. which is literature post WW2

what about you?

ewd

HSC
At the moment, ways of approaching a text, like theoretical ideologies, i.e. feminism, marxism, post-colonialism
Then later this year, appropriations of Le Morte D'Arthur by Malory (quest for Holy Grail)
this is for prelim, no idea for hsc

Snicho

HSC
ATM we are studying Jane Eyre but we are looking at 'mad women' and how they are portrayed through texts,

speedofsound

HSC
Another question for EE1ers, what exactly ARE values and valuing?? I'm so confused

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Ooh I ditto this question as well. Im like sitting in EE1 and only really udnerstanding half :(
It's a load of bs. Values- social,cultural and historical. It is basically what makes up a specific society's views and way of life. E.g in the Elizabethan era you had- social: male dominance, patriarchal figure; cultural: Christian values; historical:historically conservative. You will find they are all intertwined.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I'm doing Emma. For adaptations of text (we're using Clueless as well and comparing the two) Emma is shit though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)